Dr. Dave Chalk shootout😃

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I been using Master Original Green, and once in a while the Sky Blue.

I maybe am missing how people complain about getting chalk all over hands.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Well the thing boils down to personal choice $20.00/ Cube v/s $5.00/Dozen.

I trust Dr. Dave’s info.
I'm kind of a chalk ho. I've tried a bunch of different stuff. Masters works fine, but it is DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY. I got on a Masters kick where I used it for about a year. It's everywhere and I got sick of chasing a personal cube of chalk. Good stuff, but DIRTY. I recently got the V10 Taom and all I can say is good things about it. No marks on the CB, clean hands, clean cloth and it really stays on the tip. Great chalk, especially if you're sick of blue hands and trying to keep your equipment clean. It's $20-25, but as much as I play... in a week I'll have a new cube of masters down to the point you may as well throw it away or get out a rasp on it. This V10... it still looks brand spanking new. As long as you don't lose it, I'd say it should last as long 50 cubes of Masters, and you don't have 50 cubes worth of chalk dust all over everything.

I'll make no claims as to miscues because no chalk can make a stroke where there isn't one. I've seemed to miscue less, but it might just be because the chalk is actually sticking to the tip in the middle of a long set where you don't have the patience to bring out the scuffer. I've noticed there is basically no maintenance required on the tip, no burnished spots and such. It also sticks amazingly well to a white diamond jump/break cue.

boogieman

The right chalk, combined with a nice $500 CF shaft, and $40 tip will certainly turn you into a road player.
You don't even need a stroke or table knowledge with that equipment.
Any suggestions? I'd like to jump a couple skill levels by throwing money at it! ;)
🤣

boogieman

Get a table I guess if you don't have one already.
Is there any substitute for hitting a million balls and practicing?
Ah shucks I was hoping you were going to let me in on an easier secret. Back to the basement it is. :cry:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Do you really think that is so? Consider that cleanliness alone may be a very good reason to use the Taom chalks.

Cleanliness is a big deal on home table, sadly our local room, has 🤡who clean tables, and do not care much.

In defense of the cleaning crew is the pay they get about $12.00/hr.

Not good money.👎

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you apply Masters like a woman putting on lipstick (or I guess a man these days), and don't apply it over top of the table, its not that messy.

Applying every shot is part if my preshot routine. So I would probably apply every shot no matter what chalk I was using. So for economy, I might as well stick to the masters.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still have new un opened packs of the Kamui chalk that was like a cosmetic. The cube lasted such a long time. I liked it alot. I like the Russian chalk too. If you are into chalking every single shot, then it won't matter what you buy. The problems are the tips. Different chalks can have an effect on a tip when mixed . So I just change the tip, and have tips that I only used the Kamui or the Russian chalk. Dave does some great research for the pool world. He even did some very valuable testing for me with my early series of carbon shafts, and the last version of those shaft from 2009. A lot was learnt from the 2004 to 2009 and managed to get it captured. Chalk is not the expensive part of playing pool, even if it was $50 a cube.

xX-Wizard-Xx

I still have new un opened packs of the Kamui chalk that was like a cosmetic. The cube lasted such a long time. I liked it alot. I like the Russian chalk too. If you are into chalking every single shot, then it won't matter what you buy. The problems are the tips. Different chalks can have an effect on a tip when mixed . So I just change the tip, and have tips that I only used the Kamui or the Russian chalk. Dave does some great research for the pool world. He even did some very valuable testing for me with my early series of carbon shafts, and the last version of those shaft from 2009. A lot was learnt from the 2004 to 2009 and managed to get it captured. Chalk is not the expensive part of playing pool, even if it was $50 a cube.
but its chalk .... i have played entire games of nineball with only 1 chalking with masters.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
but its chalk .... i have played entire games of nineball with only 1 chalking with masters.
Very true. I am sure many others have too. I would prefer chalk to come in a round rod like it used to in the late 1880's to about the early 1900's when they then changed the way the chalk was manufactured .