Dr. Dave Chalk shootout😃

xX-Wizard-Xx

A few weeks ago I hit $924 on 1 spin and knew my odds before spinning. It was $25 spin and I was paying for the situation at that moment .. 25 was worth it

CaptainBly

Registered
I am really on the fence with some version of Taom for my home table. Only makes sense to cut down on mess when you're the one having to clean it up. That said, when I read comments like the above regarding chalk dust build up on the rails/floor to the point where you can feel it after a few hours, I'm left scratching my head.

My hands are never blue after a day of play. My table or floor have never shown signs of chalk build up. I'm sure there's some there, but nowhere near the point of actually feeling it. Although not mentioned above. I also don't have a blue circle around my ferrule.

I'm all for more cleaniness at home. However, if the comparable needs to be such extremes to warrant the value in Taom. Then I have to wonder why bother.
No blue ring around my ferrule as I don't chalk like Dechaine but I do chalk before every shot. My home table gets a lot of play. 2-6 hours a day more on the weekends. Usually by 2 or more players. I can feel the dust on the rails after a few hours. Wiping it with a rag also shows up blue. I have a laminate wood floor and while not able to be seen, after a few hours I can feel it under my shoes. It is minor and anyone else probably wouldn't even notice but I live here and play everyday so I notice the little things.
Again, Master Chalk is great and I wouldn't hesitate to use it. For my home table though, I am very happy with the V10. Is it worth $20? For me, yes, for at home, do to the chalk build up. Does it preform better than Master for grip, spin, or other shooting aspects? Not that I can see. It is worth it to me just for how clean the balls are after a few hours of playing. The cue ball is still white. If you have a home table give it a try, what's $20 more after all you have invested in a home room.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
No blue ring around my ferrule as I don't chalk like Dechaine but I do chalk before every shot. My home table gets a lot of play. 2-6 hours a day more on the weekends. Usually by 2 or more players. I can feel the dust on the rails after a few hours. Wiping it with a rag also shows up blue. I have a laminate wood floor and while not able to be seen, after a few hours I can feel it under my shoes. It is minor and anyone else probably wouldn't even notice but I live here and play everyday so I notice the little things.
Right on, and I respect you doubling down on your suggestions. Still can't wrap my head around it though. When I was using my home table daily, I never noticed chalk build up on the rails or floor (also laminate). Table may have been vacuumed once every couple of weeks. I also chalk before every single shot. Typical snooker method of application.
Again, Master Chalk is great and I wouldn't hesitate to use it. For my home table though, I am very happy with the V10. Is it worth $20? For me, yes, for at home, do to the chalk build up. Does it preform better than Master for grip, spin, or other shooting aspects? Not that I can see. It is worth it to me just for how clean the balls are after a few hours of playing. The cue ball is still white. If you have a home table give it a try, what's $20 more after all you have invested in a home room.
Here's where I'm at. Home use only I mean.

I was on a decent run in a poker game last week and was thinking of buying a box V10 as I was counting my chips. Unfortunately, the night took a turn and I end up with only enough winnings to buy a piece. I'm not tossing the idea of ponying up for Taom, but it's going to be off of money won, not earned.

xX-Wizard-Xx

i have a cue that my dad bought new for me when i was young. i have played with that cue for 20yrs and always use master chalk. no blue ring on the ferrule with original shaft.

CaptainBly

Registered
Right on, and I respect you doubling down on your suggestions. Still can't wrap my head around it though. When I was using my home table daily, I never noticed chalk build up on the rails or floor (also laminate). Table may have been vacuumed once every couple of weeks. I also chalk before every single shot. Typical snooker method of application.

Here's where I'm at. Home use only I mean.

I was on a decent run in a poker game last week and was thinking of buying a box V10 as I was counting my chips. Unfortunately, the night took a turn and I end up with only enough winnings to buy a piece. I'm not tossing the idea of ponying up for Taom, but it's going to be off of money won, not earned.
I'm not trying to argue with anyone here, everyone has different styles and results. I was just trying to give my honest opinion of the newest chalk on the market for anyone that was curious.
Honestly I don't care what anyone uses for their chalk. When I am out playing, I use Master and I am perfectly happy doing so.

Nyquil

Folks just don't seem to get it. These chalks are worth the money because (1) they work great and (2) THEY'RE SUPER CLEAN.

With Masters, after 2 hours of pool I look like I stuck my hand in a can of blue paint. With Roku/Kamui, I don't have a spot on me.
How is this happening with Masters? I agree it's not cleanest chalk out there but I don't have blue hands ever even after some long playing sessions.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
How is this happening with Masters? I agree it's not cleanest chalk out there but I don't have blue hands ever even after some long playing sessions.

Master has been around 80 plus years, it is about the standard most places.

Don’t see local commercial Pool room switching to Toam chalk, unless they sell it to every customer.