Dress Code for Gold Crown Billiards, Erie, PA

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I find it extremely odd that this guy has responded to everyone's comments except mine. If he was a Military man he would have cut my liver out for what I posted.

So now I'm sure this is SC5.

Again, this is my gut feel and I could have kept it to myself but that's not how I roll. If I am wrong I apologize in advance. i.e., sometimes I get in trouble but that's the chance you take when you speak your mind. Maybe not smart but it sure feels good when you are correct. And my guy feel is usually correct.

I know there is no gambling at Gold Crown Billiards but I will bet a fair amount that this person is not a Veteran. I will also bet that this is SC5. I may be wrong but that's the chance you take when you gamble. Hopefully no offense if I am wrong. Just have a gut feel.

FlcnAPG

Registered
It wasn't directed solely at you or I would have used a quote. It's a general question for those that have lost sleep, kicked puppies, and pulled out their hair in frustration over a successful business.

It doesn't matter what the reasoning is behind the dress code. Fullstop.

There is so much "I wanna, I wanna, I wanna" in this thread followed by, "fine I don't want it anyways, so there ... neener neener neener!" Making people dress nicely shouldn't be as hard as taking a 5 year old through a toy store without buying anything.

My apologies to you as it seemed like you were jumping in with the attack the new guy mentality that seems to have started over a misunderstanding of typed words and the purpose behind their use, and your right it's not a big deal to wear a decent pair of jeans and a clean shirt. Usually do when I go out except in the summer when I toss on shorts to go do my thing. Obviously if I am heading to Gold Crown it would be a pair of jeans as it is acceptable to wear such and dress pants are not my style.

FlcnAPG

Registered
I find it extremely odd that this guy has responded to everyone's comments except mine. If he was a Military man he would have cut my liver out for what I posted.

Again, this is my gut feel and I could have kept it to myself but that's not how I roll. If I am wrong I apologize in advance. i.e., sometimes I get in trouble but that's the chance you take when you speak your mind. Maybe not smart but it sure feels good when you are correct. And my guy feel is usually correct.

Oh gee sorry I skipped over your comments, but really cut out your liver? Not my AFSC, I turned wrenches and you can question my service all you want not going to flip out and attack you over your little bit of disbelief if you think I am this SC5 who ever the hell that is nothing I say will change your mind.

Welcome to the internet where even the truth is put in question and the trolls like to be fed daily.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

When is the last time SC5 bothered with anything outside of the Action Room?

I realize that its fun to play "spot SC5" or pocketpoint, but I think this one isn't applicable.

Again, I may be wrong, I often am.

FlcnAPG

Registered
Fair enough.

You have more perspective than 99.999% of the posters here, because you actually have visited Pauls place, which by all accounts looks very nice.

Thanks for sharing it here. And please hang around, don't let this thread drive you away.

It is very nice, and I'm glad for the work he's put into it. I wish there was some better pics to be shared with you all as the ones he took are just a bit too blurry for my taste. Maybe I'll talk to him in private and see about getting some clean shots to share with everyone.

Trust me when you see just how nice is place is you really get it. Thats why he has no arguments from the people around here even if they don't agree the populace abides. Here we try and show basic respect for everyone.

FlcnAPG

Registered
it's SC5. Where's Wilson...?

Here he is

castaway533.jpg

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
My apologies to you as it seemed like you were jumping in with the attack the new guy mentality...

No need to apologize, and post count/join date doesn't mean anything to me. Some guys on here act tough but forget that at a gathering there's no keyboard to save them.

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul I'll say this much from the last time I was there. I came in with my wife, father and sister-in-law to play. While we knew you had a dress code I did not know it carried to sweat pants at the time I came in. Mind you I hadn't been in Erie for many years having be Active Duty USAF since 2001. Anyway I had fallen and landed on my knee wrong while on vacation leading to some decent swelling so jeans were out of the question for me at the time. Not sure if it was you or one of your employees who came over, but long story short we were denied entrance.

Yes your dress code and code of conduct are important to your business. Yes I see reading a bit of the history why you started it. No I don't see how a person wearing sweat pants is a danger to your business or clientele. Your successful with what you've established as yours is the only place in the county. It's easier when there is no real competition to worry about.

We all have our opinions as to how we'd do it, and yes yes we see the number of years you keep quoting what something like 34 and counting. It works and if my wife and I are going to be able to play we will have to abide. I'll just have to be sure my wore out old knees are about to fit comfortably into a pair of approved pants if I want to play. If not you won't get some of my money that day.

I just hope your employees don't get over the top with your customers, thanks to youtube one bad night and Gold Crown will go viral.

This is OK. I could not ask for more. The dress code was politely explained and he came back with acceptable attire and enjoyed himself at Gold Crown Billiards. This is exactly how it should be. I understand that hard feelings cannot be avoided and he needs to vent a little. Everything is just fine.

pbillaa

Registered
Paul...

I've been lurking here on AZ for years now, and this thread finally got me to register. You are the owner of a SUBURBAN SPORTS BAR. IMO there is NOTHING classy about a microfiber 3 button polo, flat screen TV's, or discrimination...

gsm1sw

Banger by birth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Glad you have the money for more of a wardrobe choice, I've been blue collar all the way. Jeans and T-Shirts or sweats, and what you may find tacky others find comfortable. You also missed my point in letting the group know my veteran status, it was a time indicator not something I mention there or am trying to use to put me above the rules. It would seem the people of the billiard world have a problem with reading into things.

I go to Goodwill and get jeans for $5.00 a pair and they are in good shape, how much do those sweats you think are classy enough to go out in public cost? I wear sweats all the time for comfort, when I am at HOME. When I go out I put on clothes. Also, if the veteran part didn't matter why put it in? Instead of "Mind you I hadn't been in Erie for many years having be Active Duty USAF since 2001" your sentence could have been "Mind you I hadn't been in Erie for many years." see the difference. No need to explain why if it didn't matter.

and for my last opinion on this: your comment "My point is while I do not see the problem with a clean pair of sweat pants obviously he does." shows the problem. Paul obviously feels that a clean pair of sweats is not PROPER attire for HIS establishment regardless of the opinions of the few disgruntled inhabitants of Erie. How about when you go out in public you take a little pride in your appearance, then you won't have to worry about dress codes.

(end rant)

FlcnAPG

Registered
This is OK. I could not ask for more. The dress code was politely explained and he came back with acceptable attire and enjoyed himself at Gold Crown Billiards. This is exactly how it should be. I understand that hard feelings cannot be avoided and he needs to vent a little. Everything is just fine.

Paul I thank you for your acceptance of my post. Truth is had I taken a moment to pick up the phone and verify everything it would have been avoided in the first place. Like many I prefer comfort to fashion and most places have no dress code anyway. Still now I know whats what and anytime I maybe unsure I'll have this thread to refer to or simply place a call to make certain something else wasn't added to your list.

No matter what others may have read into my initial post. I have nothing but respect for you and your business and you won't get any trouble from me. Truth be told my wife and I are planing to stop in sometime between now and Roar On The Shore as we are in need of a fix.

To anyone else who wants to attack his rules, if you haven't been there then you don't know jack. I've been there I screwed up broke the rule got called on it. My point was to share my own experience maybe there was information that many didn't feel was needed, but honestly who hasn't done it either on the net or in a face to face conversation. I do hope you all treat people better than this when you don't have a keyboard to hide behind.

Oh and can anyone answer for this one question. Who in the hell is SC5 and why is Hungarian obsessed with him? Ok so two questions.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Oh and can anyone answer for this one question. Who in the hell is SC5 and why is Hungarian obsessed with him? Ok so two questions.

SC5 is a guy named Thomas Scott. He has a habit of making bets with people here, and not paying when he loses. He has been banned, and comes back under a different name until folks figure out that its him, and bring it to Mr. Wilsons attention, which gets him banned again.

As to Hungarians specific obession, I cannot explain. SC5 (and another character by the name of Pocketpoint) have annoyed so many people here, its kind of become a sport to see who can spot them when they reappear.

Last edited:

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I was to post the dress code on a golf or bowling forum, the reaction would be a big "So what" or "No kidding" and would get no response. The sizable response and emotional reaction on this forum certainly says a lot.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
As to Hungarians specific obession, I cannot explain. SC5 (and another character by the name of Pocketpoint) have annoyed so many people here, its kind of become a sport to see who can spot them when they reappear.

I'm sorry. I've caught about 5 or 6 SC5's this month. I'm usually good at spotting him. He usually creates new ID's related to the content of a specific thread and chimes in with a strong position and says crazy stuff.

FlcnAPG,
The way you said you'd make things go viral sounded just like something he would say..

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
If I was to post the dress code on a golf or bowling forum, the reaction would be a big "So what" or "No kidding" and would get no response. The sizable response and emotional reaction on this forum certainly says a lot.

Why don't you open a golf course?

FlcnAPG

Registered
I'm sorry. I've caught about 5 or 6 SC5's this month. I'm usually good at spotting him. He usually creates new ID's related to the content of a specific thread and chimes in with a strong position and says crazy stuff.

FlcnAPG,
The way you said you'd make things go viral sounded just like something he would say..

The Youtube thing was in response to what can happen with an overzealous employee and patron get into it. I'm man enough to know I was wrong, so as I said my post was to share my experience. I apologize to all who thought I was attacking Paul's rules or tired to use anything as leverage to get an exception. Like I said never mentioned I had served it was more of a time indicator to show how people who know it exists can forget some of the lines.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
The Youtube thing was in response to what can happen with an overzealous employee and patron get into it. I'm man enough to know I was wrong, so as I said my post was to share my experience. I apologize to all who thought I was attacking Paul's rules or tired to use anything as leverage to get an exception. Like I said never mentioned I had served it was more of a time indicator to show how people who know it exists can forget some of the lines.

No worries on my end. I think Paul is a narrow minded stick in the mud anyways.

Cheers,
Hung