Earl Strickland

AceAngeles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That match was in 1996. Earl exhibited horrible sportsmanship long before that.

I was there. I knew the Australian organizer quite well. They were worried about Earl's attitude problems long before the match started. It was difficult to get the match organized. Unfortunately Bob was found dead in his home. I don't remember if it was months or a year later. He was a horse racing handicapper in Hong Kong. Too much business with the local mob.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
That's true......he doesn't dump or do drugs - what a loser:rolleyes:
Jason

Don't forget rape, armed robbery, attempted murder, child abuse, money laundering, game fixing, drowning dogs, or wife beating, because if we are too catch the NFL and NBA, we got some work ahead of us ;) You know, the place where all the sponsors put their money, and LOTS of it.

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Enough, stop this post

I have so much respect for Earl but, it is 2016 not 1996 and we need to move on. Again, the guy is an icon and continues to work hard at his proffession with physical endurance and conditioning.....but
If he cannot display true beautiful character he should be off the list. That goes for anybody that we, "label" as an icon and representative to represent this sport...

Stop the talk,,! This is now a global sport and the ones that show character and professionalism will bring us a future. Otherwise we will be like Bocce ball...

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I don't think his skills have diminished all that much, if at all.

The Game has changed due to the cloth & rail material, etc. & that has allowed many to come up in level to compete in a different manner.

Earl's manner of competing is better suited to the 'old days' where a stroke was needed & more thinking involved.

The game has been changed by the equipment...

& the rules.

All Best Wishes for All.
I've watched Earl play for years and he played his best on Gold Crown tables. The Diamond tables are great, but Earl's game is better suited to Gold Crown tables. He won his fifth US Open title on a Gold Crown and it was the last year they used Gold Crown's at the Open and he hasn't come close to winning that tournament since they switched to Diamond tables.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started this thread and let me say I was a big fan of the great EARL at one time. Sadly his skills have diminished like everyone's skills will diminish as they get older. My problem is that his skills have nothing to do with his lack of sportsmanship and therein is the problem. Anyone playing him has to overcome his behavior and has to witness his antics up close and personal. We the public have to either choose to pay to watch him at his worst or just let it go and move on to other Live Steam events.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started this thread and let me say I was a big fan of the great EARL at one time. Sadly his skills have diminished like everyone's skills will diminish as they get older. My problem is that his skills have nothing to do with his lack of sportsmanship and therein is the problem. Anyone playing him has to overcome his behavior and has to witness his antics up close and personal. We the public have to either choose to pay to watch him at his worst or just let it go and move on to other Live Steam events.

unfortunately there are only about ten people in the whole world who give two $hits either way.

slim

TNOriginals

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well while y'all talk about the man himself, I'm looking for Strickland Meuccis. They have the butt stamped like the Hall, Howard, Rempe Meuccis. It said Earl Strickland BY MEUCCI. Anyone have one for sale?

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does nobody have a free version of the 4 pocket challenge against Appleton?