Earl vs SVB race to 21

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl looked really good.Had a moment of getting behind at like 10-9 and thought he was going to go Earl on himself but he regained the lead and settled down.He still can play great pool.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the stream get shut down?

If there is a link to it please post here.

Seems the old man still has some left in the tank. This man can play pool.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB has been losing these exhibitions with Earl for awhile now, almost on purpose. Don’t forget Earl is one of his favorite players. If I’m not mistaken, SVB last won on the bar table when he was breaking like King Kong and dropped that 8 ball 8 pack.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB has been losing these exhibitions with Earl for awhile now, almost on purpose. Don’t forget Earl is one of his favorite players. If I’m not mistaken, SVB last won on the bar table when he was breaking like King Kong and dropped that 8 ball 8 pack.

Perhaps Shane doesn’t try to win as hard as when money is on the line but Earl was playing nearly flawless pool when I was watching

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
always excuses from the fanboys when wonderboy loses to the old manl
lol

Unreal right!

People say SVB wasn't trying when Earl got him at my place 11 to 9. These guys always try to win. When a guy outplays you on a given day, you lose.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
always excuses from the fanboys when wonderboy loses to the old manl
lol

You could look at it in a more kindly way also.
I like the respect Shane is showing to the aging lion.
He took Earl as a world pairs partner when he could’ve chose a higher ranked player.

Shane seems to smile more when he’s with Earl.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
You could look at it in a more kindly way also.
I like the respect Shane is showing to the aging lion.
He took Earl as a world pairs partner when he could’ve chose a higher ranked player.

Shane seems to smile more when he’s with Earl.

pt you nailed it! Shane never looked intense and Earl plays relaxed when they meet up. That is not to say that "Shane is not trying" but when both players admire one another the dynamics may change a little.

A relaxed Earl is a very good player and a grinning Shane is not stone cold.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unreal right!

People say SVB wasn't trying when Earl got him at my place 11 to 9. These guys always try to win. When a guy outplays you on a given day, you lose.

It's not a matter of whether or not Shane was trying to win.

I'm sure he was.

It's a matter of whether or not he would be trying harder if it were a real money match or an exhibition against someone other than his idol.

I'm sure he would.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is such a pleasure to watch Earl play when his head is on straight. He makes the game look so easy. I think he has the most natural talent of anyone to play the game

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have posted in different forums over the years,earl has lived in greensboro nc off and on probably half of his life,so i got to know him fairly well over the years. What you see with earl(the narccisistic behavior,crazy red faced intensity, 100 percent real and on a daily basis. I have backed earl many times in golf matches(me and him in a cart together for 4-5 hours,never booked a loser,and earl is earl even in that setting) he simply talks himself into a frenzy lol. Really a nice,misunderstood guy! In stroke,i think he was the best 9 baller ever,at least to watch.efren is/was the best PLAYER ever,all games.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I still think he would have been a better choice for the MC over some others. He has the necessary experience.

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
I am on the fence about Earl being the best 9 ball player....I would give Efren the nod in that vote...but it would be a small nod at best. I certainly enjoy watching Efren play more than I do watching Earl...He makes it seem as though it is a baby sitting job, not a pool match.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I am on the fence about Earl being the best 9 ball player....I would give Efren the nod in that vote...but it would be a small nod at best. I certainly enjoy watching Efren play more than I do watching Earl...He makes it seem as though it is a baby sitting job, not a pool match.

Efren gets more than the nod on best all-round......
...but who else but Earl could run eleven racks of 9-ball for the grand prize?