Ebony 6pt - May be a collector cue!!!

dave fingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok fellow forum members, I'm proud to offer for sale my very first 6pt cue. The cue is ebony w/3 tall & 3short ebony points with maple veneers.
It also has a blk w/white irish linen wrap. The butt is bem. The buttcap & joint are fake ivory. This cue weighs exactly 18ounces and is 58 inches. The ferrule is unbreakable w/ a pressed Triangle. This is a great playing cue and I'm extremely proud of it. It could also be a collector cue since its my first 6pt I've ever made. Who knows down the road I may be famous...with Gods blessing. I'm a new cuemaker who has only built a few cues, but everyone is happy with all of them so far. I want to rep this cue honestly so I must say that it has the smallest of tapers rolls on the shaft. Other than that I can say its perfect. Definately the nicest cue I've ever made. Oh...the joint pin is 3-8 10. I think someone will be very impressed with the way it plays. I offer this cue for sale. I will sell it to the first bidder who gets near where I need to be. Please make offers here or pm me. Thank you to everyone for looking & happy holidays.:)
 

Attachments

  • DF1b.jpg
    DF1b.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 347
  • DF4.jpg
    DF4.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 276
hi, I'm in raleigh. why dont you just post a price? This aint no auction.
 
I agree. Prices work much better here. If you really want to see what the market will bear for an unknown maker selling a cue with a wobble (several of us can give you a real good range) then put it on Ebay.
JMO ICBW

Nice looking cue, BTW.

-von

daniel said:
hi, I'm in raleigh. why dont you just post a price? This aint no auction.
 
$$$$$$$$$$$$

Shoot a price ouy there it just might be gone before you know it.Nice cue!



Pinocchio
 
I'm a huge fan of figured veneers. Interesting choice of buttsleeve wood on that cue...

A very impressive early cue, I hope you get what you want for it.

-Roger
 
Nice cue you have there DF. Very impressive indeed. I've also seen a couple others around town that were quite sporty. I know the owners and they give you high praise for playability. Looks like I've got a bit of competition.:D Seriously...you deserve it. I know you are a student of the art. Say hello to Mrs. Fingers from me and good luck with the sale.
Happy holidays to a fine upcoming maker!
 
Thank you Mr. Varney. Coming from you thats a HUGE honor. If you'd ever like to share some of your magic secrets with me, I'll gladly come work in your shop for free. Sweep floors or anything, if your interested.:)

As for the cue price I really wanted offers. This is my first sell on the forum and I didn't want to say one price if maybe someone was thinking higher. I know cues like this often have a pricetag of over $1000. Since I'm new I'll bite the bullet, my Christmas is riding on this jewel. I have to start somewhere. :D
$555 obo
 
Dave. I've fixed the pictures for you as best I can and made a compilation for you (you need to learn to play with photoshop and levels mainly) :

dave_fingers_6point_comp.gif


Hope that looks better. If anyone needs image work/website work done I need money. Let me know!
 
Last edited:
My man!!! Thank you xidica. That looks wonderful. Rep for you & I'll hollar when I want to post my next one.:)

Ok, did I mention this cue is for sale? I've seen sneakies go for more that this on this site. The cue has no wobble has one poster so rudely said. It has the slightest of taper movement, as do most all cues. It rolls perfectly straight & perfectly straight when screwed together. Ok I'm getting to the bare bones here. Where can you buy a new handmade custom 6 point ebony cue for this? I'll take the first offer of $400.
 
EZ now, big guy. I have never been accused of being rude, so let's chalk this up to a misunderstanding. Some people are just more semantics-sensitive then others.

You wrote, "tapers rolls on the shaft". I exchanged that with the word wobble. I wasn't dissing you nor your work. Quite the opposite in fact - I went on to compliment the cue!

Whether all cues have a slight taper roll out (aka WOBBLE) has been debated AD NAUSEUM, and I'm not about to open that can of worms again.

So, best of luck with your sale and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
-von

dave fingers said:
The cue has no wobble has one poster so rudely said. It has the slightest of taper movement, as do most all cues.
 
Ok...we covered the cue basics pretty well and even have a nice pic arrangement now.
This cue is for sale!
I'm open to offers that don't make me spit on my laptop.:D
Someone take a chance on a rookie. This cue plays great. This is a steal!
 
LOL. Someone buy this cue! If you're willing to trade I'll trade you my $500 Klein for it that's in the Wanted/For Sale thread to give it a good review.

I'd buy it I just don't have the cash :D

Thanks for the rep BTW, back at you on some nice work.
 
Back
Top