Ebook on Carom?

supercoi

I usually play carom than snooker. I had spent many time on looking ebook on Carom but cannot find anyone. I come from VietNam, so I cannot recieve book by shipping. Anyone knows some ebooks on Carom please tell me. Thank you.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
supercoi said:
I usually play carom than snooker. I had spent many time on looking ebook on Carom but cannot find anyone. I come from VietNam, so I cannot recieve book by shipping. Anyone knows some ebooks on Carom please tell me. Thank you.
I don't know of any ebooks on carom billiards. Are you interested in 3-cushion or simple ball-to-ball (called "free game" or "straight rail" or "partie libre") billiards? If you have questions, feel free to ask them here.

Deno J. Andrews

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not familiar with any e-books on billiards. If you would like to discuss some aspects of the game I would be happy to do so with you here.

Deno Andrews

supercoi

I usually play ball to ball than 3 cushion. My problem is that I am very bad at cushion shot, especially one cushion shot. I play by feeling and usually...miss :D . I know (just know not master) the diamond system but I think it is too complicated for ball to ball game. Can you tell me how to aim exacty.

F-Rank

Hi,

i have an excellent book about 3-C written in german language by Dr. Gerhard Hüpper. Some parts of it are enhanced and translated to english and are available on his homepage: http://www.three-cushion.com/

The book is primarily about 3-cushion, but there are some physical fundamentals about spin and aiming, which apply to all flavours of billard.

Frank

CrossSideLarry

Cross Side Larry
Silver Member
Caroms

F-Rank said:
Hi,

i have an excellent book about 3-C written in german language by Dr. Gerhard Hüpper. Some parts of it are enhanced and translated to english and are available on his homepage: http://www.three-cushion.com/

The book is primarily about 3-cushion, but there are some physical fundamentals about spin and aiming, which apply to all flavours of billard.

Frank

Heir Frank:

Please send me your book. My brother speaks fluent German and will translate. I was born in 1941, but my parents would not spoeak German during the war so I am unable to translate. Please send me a bill for the book and I will pay in dollars, Francs, Euro or Dutcsh Marks.

Best Regards,

Cross Side Larry

17174 West Laird Ct
Surprise, AZ 85387

F-Rank

Hi Larry,

the books are still in print and are available via amazon.
You can order at their homepage: Amazon.de (search for: 'dreiband hüpper')
You could pay with an AmEx credit card and i'm shure they deliver it to your home (amazon is very professional).
Maybe some day the books are available in english, but i think there are no miracles in german language which you won't understand.

Hope you enjoy it
Frank

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
F-Rank said:
... Some parts of it are enhanced and translated to english and are available on his homepage: http://www.three-cushion.com/

Frank
The site listed above has a tremendous amount of information about 3-C. There are interactive table diagrams. Many kinds of shots are covered as well as lots of other aspects of carom billiards. The information is free.