Efren and John Brumback

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I trade emails with John from time to time and I sent him a link to this thread. After reading through the thread, he wrote me back to say, "Man,They are comparing me with Efren!! Well I've got the big head for sure now. That is too cool! If you get back on there could you tell them how much I appreciate all those compliments. Those are some kind words."

I know he doesn't post here and I don't blame him at all for that as I've seen what has happened with several of the pros who posted here for a while, but I know he would want me to pass along his thanks for the compliments he was given in this thread.

By the way, I'm not sure he wants me to put this out there, but he has been planning a series of instructional DVDs on banking and banking for one-pocket players. Knowing Johnny, I am sure there will be some terrific information in these DVDs, so just keep your eyes open for them.

I wonder where he got that inspiration. :wink:

JoeyA (I'm in) :cool:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
:eek:ink::eek:ink::eek:ink:

John reads THIS forum but doesn't post.

He like many professional players, sees the attacks that are perpetrated by the few and just doesn't want to be involved for that reason alone.

I used to resent it when a player didn't give back to the fans that are here on AZ Main Forum but no more.

I completely understand their reluctance to get down and wrestle in the mud with the rest of us. :eek:ink::eek:ink:

JoeyA

How true, I recently joined another forum of interest and found the behavior, across the board to be healthy and fun, it's a nice change and I look forward to the other posters threads and help.
Also, I remember John very clearly, it was back in the late 80's in Ohio, bar table tournament, he broke the balls like no one I've ever played against (more control than Medina but same speed). Cue ball would strike the head ball, shoot straight up, almost hit the light then squat bounce twice and park in the middle of the table, every time, I made one mistake that match (race to 9) and that's all it took to lose, nice man to play and calm at the table.

Last edited:

Josh Palmer

I'll take the 6 :)
Silver Member
John is a class act. I always pull for him unless I'm playing him. He's probably my favorite player to watch as far as stroke and mechanics.

This is no joke.. best mechanics hands down when he is in stroke... unbelievable.