Efren Q&A is finally ready!

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I only got through half of the question and answers and had to write, THANK YOU, Michael.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for positive feedback and greenies received. I'm happy you loved the read. It's never tiring to learn something about Efren, so I hope we come up with another set of interesting questions in a year or so :smile:

Q: How do you handle pressure?
A: The pressure disappears when you concentrate. I’m more scared when I go up the stage to speak rather than when I go out to play

This is a great way of thinking about it. Focus on the task at hand comes to mind. I tend to think more about the situation etc rather than just getting the job done.

Yes I noticed that too and I love that approach. It reminds me of what my instructor told us about how concentration on your task and movements during the shot and pre-shot routine helps to beat pressure. If EFREN does the same so I should revise those moments of education...

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Virtually every pro agrees that these things should be banned.... why are they still being used???

Because the industry is making a lot of money off of them...some things are outlawed for the same reason, the "industry" doesn't want the competition or it hurts their bottom line with another product. Not necessarily evil, just business.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Because the industry is making a lot of money off of them...some things are outlawed for the same reason, the "industry" doesn't want the competition or it hurts their bottom line with another product. Not necessarily evil, just business.

Not to mention that there isnt ONE governed body that professional pool is played under. Therefore there is no written standard rulings on play. Well... You have the ABP but lets not getting into all that..

Efren thank you again for the great read :thumbup:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for positive feedback and greenies received. I'm happy you loved the read. It's never tiring to learn something about Efren, so I hope we come up with another set of interesting questions in a year or so :smile:

Yes I noticed that too and I love that approach. It reminds me of what my instructor told us about how concentration on your task and movements during the shot and pre-shot routine helps to beat pressure. If EFREN does the same so I should revise those moments of education...

OK, Vahmurka... for next year. ;)

I have not seen Efren in recent tournaments but wanted to know if I am still his "official" Mini-tournament backer? :D

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
guys let's keep new questions until next year, lol. Or at least until the end of 2012. Of course you are free to post some really interesting ones here, so that they are ready by that time ;)

Thanks for doing this. Efren has had so much success, it's very interesting to read about his thoughts on the game. And it's cool that you asked him a couple of my questions. Thanks again.

ratnip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Vahmurka,

I thought you forgot!

Great Q&A's with the one and only Efren.

Jay P.