Efren Reyes vs. Ronnie Allen

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Hey we finally agree on something. I always said the funniest lines I've ever heard were in poolrooms, not from some comedian on TV. And you came up with some dandies yourself.

In those days, a pooplayer had to be a one man road show, to generate action. Part comic, part grifter, part salesman, part hustler and full time player. That could describe Cornbread, Puckett, Ronnie, Jersey Red, Danny, Ervolino, NY Blackie, Shorty, Richie From The Bronx and many more. What a blast to hang around with these guys and watch them play. Like you, i wouldn't trade that time for anything.

And they were not outlaws or thieves. They were poolplayers. Everyone knew who the treacherous ones were. And yes, Whitey was at the top of every list.

Man, Whitey was one of a kind. One of a kind!

charley2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HitHrdNDraw said:
i changed my mind... I just watched efren dismantle larry nevel... efren gives him 10-7 and robs him... any side bets?
Say, where did you see Efren beat Nevel at? How strong is that? Nevel won the US Open One Pocket Championship about 5-7 years ago when it was in Michigan and finished 2nd the next year. Nevel plays strong one pocket.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thebighurt said:
For those of you with amnesia Ronnie could not beat Bugs. Bugs robbed!! him for $ 20,000 in Detroit around 1979
Welllllllll. for those of us with Amnesia, why don't you finish the story (old wise one) and tell everyone what happened the 2nd and 3rd day.