Irish
PS
it has the 1st edition sales posters and papers w

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
211   2   0
I think this is the one that was offered up from the Wambold Auction?

Am I right,

I have a 1st edition, that I purchased off of Amazon, it is a first edition in excellent condition, but it doesnt have the poster of extra papers in it, I paid, $65.00 for this copy.

I have seen these range from $50.00 up to $400.00, it just depends on whatever someone want to ask for their copy, but the real market, I would say,

$130.00 to $200.00

Understand you can buy a Brand new 3rd edition with all the added info, for, $139.95.

Hope this helps a little, but to be honest, the prices on these are all over the map

mike

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I have bought and sold several 1st editioins. The book in great shape should bring $300 or more. Vic Stein, in selling many third editions, has spoken to collectors seeking 1st ed's and offering that kind of money and much more. I offered my copy at this year's SBE for $395 and reduced the price to several interested shoppers, but no one offered $300; I took the book home. I think the first reply was right on target; in the present market, I put the book just below $200 to sell. It is a great piece of work and will bring its due value again in time.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I have bought and sold several 1st editioins. The book in great shape should bring $300 or more. Vic Stein, in selling many third editions, has spoken to collectors seeking 1st ed's and offering that kind of money and much more. I offered my copy at this year's SBE for $395 and reduced the price to several interested shoppers, but no one offered $300; I took the book home. I think the first reply was right on target; in the present market, I put the book just below $200 to sell. It is a great piece of work and will bring its due value again in time.

Drawman -- in discussing prices for the 1st edition of The Billiard Encyclopedia, it's important to distinguish between the regular edition and the Collector's Edition. The later has a partial leather binding, it's housed in a clam-shell box covered in Simonis cloth, it's numbered and signed by the authors, and only a limited number were produced. The Collector's Edition carries a much higher price than the regular edition.

Last edited: