environmental factors aside, why do you usually miss?

environmental factors aside, why do you usually miss?

• mostly don't know what I'm doing

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • mostly just fail to execute

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • 50/50

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me it's two things, I move my arm or wrist or I look at something aside from the object ball on the stroke.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes I miss because of wishful thinking: If I didn't get quite straight in but I want to limit cue ball movement for position on the next shot, I'll miss by hitting too full, thinking I can cheat the pocket, or wishing that I was a little straighter than I really am.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Laziness which leads to lack of concentration( like many have mentioned here.). But also at my level, the simply physical inability to consistently deliver the cue in the intended path. I am not even going to mention missing position, I am just talking about missing the shot.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
not in the moment

Focus or concentration doesn't describe what I am trying to say, as I am not usually aware of either if I am in the moment. If words come into mind when down on the ball it is best to get up and reset. I don't always do this, the main reason I don't always make balls!

Hu

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Focus or concentration doesn't describe what I am trying to say, as I am not usually aware of either if I am in the moment. If words come into mind when down on the ball it is best to get up and reset. I don't always do this, the main reason I don't always make balls!

Hu

I like how you phrased that. Sometimes I will think a dumb thought or tell myself I’m about to miss, something’s off, your foot is wrong, bridge is wrong...or I’ll have a totally unrelated thought or maybe a thought about a tied up ball I’m not currently dealing with, or my finger rubbed the tip and maybe now I’ll miscue because I rubbed the chalk off lol...on and on like that.

But it really does come down to what you said. Any words popping up in the brain are bad news for me. When I’m playing I look at my situation and decide my course and then it’s all just feel once I start to step into the shot...words are bad during that time, I try to just use pictures of what I want to happen...I learned the hard way that picturing what you DONT want to happen is the worst move possible. Like a biker staring at the telephone pole he wants to avoid...no bueno

crazysnake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Decelerating on the stroke.
Taking my eye off the object ball.
Attempting to make a shot without a clear, concise plan for the cue ball.
Losing my cue ball and landing in a position with a very low percentage shot.

I love this game.
Pool players are the luckiest people in the world!
... because a day without pool is like a day without sunshine...
-Lou (the cab driver)

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1.Concentrating too much on my leave that I screw my intended shot.

2. Try to get too fancy with my shot instead of just leaving myself with a small cut.