Equal Offense II

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been a few months since my first blog post about my Equal Offense practice routine, so it’s time for an update.

I’ve been working on mechanics, and along with some decent table time I’ve seen improvement, that is until my overall score is evaluated.

The goal to move up a level requires an average of 120 pocketed balls over 10 innings. I’m somewhere in the 111-112 range.

Interestingly while my average hasn’t increased much since May, I’ve had some good scores in the 120’s and even an all time high of 130. Only concern is some abnormally low scores under 100.

This inconsistency could be a result of taking more chances to break up clusters and/or taking more challenging runout paths of more than 5 balls and not succeeding.

Attached are my scores at the three miss/three ball in hand level since May.

Attachments

• 013298D6-DE9D-4D7C-B270-73E1223AAF2B.jpg
    013298D6-DE9D-4D7C-B270-73E1223AAF2B.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 84

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today I made my goal of hitting a 120 ball average in my last 10 sessions at the 3 miss level.

Starting next session I will begin to keep track of both my progress at the 2 and 3 miss level until my overall average at the 3 miss level hits 120 (currently 114.3)

Making progress and improving!

Attachments

• 07D6A389-0AAC-4CB5-BA64-8D7C42416D2F.png
    07D6A389-0AAC-4CB5-BA64-8D7C42416D2F.png
    651.4 KB · Views: 8

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
If I ever get brave enough, I'll post mine. It's a lot of fun to keep track and see improvements. I was hoping you would keep updating the thread, you're definitely improving!

Have you noticed this makes it much easier to break out balls that need breaking out in other games? Do you analyze the A, B, C, D balls? George Fels Mastering Pool has some good info on this in the straight pool section. It seems to carry over to other games once you start looking at racks this way.

I'm also curious if you've found any strategies for equal offense while playing.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I ever get brave enough, I'll post mine. It's a lot of fun to keep track and see improvements. I was hoping you would keep updating the thread, you're definitely improving!

Have you noticed this makes it much easier to break out balls that need breaking out in other games? Do you analyze the A, B, C, D balls? George Fels Mastering Pool has some good info on this in the straight pool section. It seems to carry over to other games once you start looking at racks this way.

I'm also curious if you've found any strategies for equal offense while playing.
My strategy right now is finding and executing patterns 5+ balls long. Most of time I'm not consistent. I can run 12 balls sometimes but other times I only get two, usually because of a poor shot or mostly because of being out of position. My runs are usually around 4 balls.

I haven't really played much else recently except 8-Ball and 7-Ball. 8-Ball has become easier to find and execute patterns, but the rotation games are still frustrating.

Equal Offense has been my go-to practice game because I'm not good enough at 14.1 to make it worth keeping any stats. My eventual goal is to become proficient at 14.1, but I've got a long way to go.

Thanks for the reply!