ESPN 30 for 30 on Jeanette Lee.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is a guy who posts on here regularly- SJM is his username/handle. His real name is Stu. Don't remember his last name
Stu is a brilliant pool historian and what he says is always rock solid. He’s a tremendous resource for pool. I can’t say enough good things of his character and knowledge. He is a very good writer as well.

Anything he says is worthy of consideration for anything related to this project or others like it.

Best
Eric

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mika looks a kid in that picture!
mika.jpg

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,
I'm a producer working on a ESPN 30 for 30 on Jeanette Lee. Specifically, I'm looking to license footage from you!
Does anyone have stills or video footage inside Chelsea Billiards, Howard Beach Billiards or Tramps?
You get bonus points for any footage of Jeanette Lee.
Thank you!

I have footage of her and I doing challenge match at a pool tournament years ago. I know that is not the three rooms you requested but I could sent the footage if you would like.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,
I'm a producer working on a ESPN 30 for 30 on Jeanette Lee. Specifically, I'm looking to license footage from you!
Does anyone have stills or video footage inside Chelsea Billiards, Howard Beach Billiards or Tramps?
You get bonus points for any footage of Jeanette Lee.
Thank you!
Thank you for doing a 30 for 30 on her!! Those are great documentaries and she is a very worthy subject for one!

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Dr. Don Wardel, co-author with Mark Wilson of...

...knows her as well as anyone. He was one of her doctors in Indianapolis 10 years ago.

He hasn't posted here for years. Williebetmore, I think is his screen name.

Jeff Livingston

outrider1

Registered
I remember she played an exhibition match against Efrin out of country that used to be on YouTube a few years ago. As Efrin was finishing up the set to the 9 ball, a white towel landed on the table. Thrown by Jennette, she laughed along with the audience, lol!

While I don’t have any footage of Jeanette, I did meet her in January of 1993 before she was a pro. At a big pool tourney in Reno.

I was friends with her boyfriend at the time. Who is a very strong pool player. Bobby Hunter is his name, he owned a pool room in Carson City Nv.

One thing I can say about Jeanette is her determination to become a pro player was super strong back in 93. I’m not a pro, I play good not talented.

I remember playing her late at night In the tourney room, they left it open 24/7 for action(gambling). Jeanette wanted to play for $, I didn’t have any at that time, so we didn’t gamble. At that time I played a little better than she did. But I could see that she had talent, and dribe. Of course her boyfriend was a super strong player and she was getting proper coaching.

She kept saying “I’m going to become a pro pool player”. She might have said that 3-4 times that night. We played about 4 hours. 9 ball. She played me hard as she could. I played her hard as I could as well. We didn’t keep score. We weren’t gambling but we played like we were playing for a million dollars. The score was close I’d guess, point is we played hard and with passion.

I really respected her. She carried herself like a pro, we are about the same age and I had been playing pool full time for around 8 years at the time. So I had seen lots of people come up in pool. I knew I wasn’t gonna make it to becoming a pro. I knew she WAS FOR SURE GOING TK MAKE IT. I could sense it and see it.

Fast forward a couple years and there she was-a true pro pool player. There was never a doubt in my mind. I saw that in her the night we met. January 1993 at Grady’s 1P tourney in Reno. She was living in Carson City at the time. It’s a well known tourney. She wasn’t playing in it, neither was I. Just happened to be there.

Good luck with your research, I wish I had footage. Or a pic for that matter. All I have is that memory. Many more from more recent times. But this is the one that’s interesting.

Being a pro is in her DNA!

Kindest regards

Fatboy aka Eric Petersen <——-reasonably well known in the pool world, not a pro. Just a guy who’s been around. If I can answer any questions or fill in any gaps of this story I’m happy to. I’m honest, don’t embellish or revise history. I believe in being truthful about our sports history and do everything to preserve it. 🟧
Thanks so much for sharing. Great story!

You should be able to gather lots of footage from Jeanette herself as she and others have live-streamed her visits.

Chelsea Billiards NYC?

I have footage of her in Chicago, Schaumburg, IL & The Derby City Classic that I’m using for my documentary “Raising the Hustler” but,
if you can put me in touch with former
Sports Center host Keith Olbermann, I’d gladly discuss filling whatever footage needs you may have.👍

Thank you
Good luck with your doc. Love the title!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks so much for sharing. Great story!
My pleasure. That’s all I have from the early days. Great memories for sure. I’ve played a zillion people, she made a impression on me-it wasn’t a accident she became who she is and has accomplished so much.

Kindest regards,

Eric aka Fatboy

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I was there but had to leave before she arrived to pick up someone from the airport.
I then caught up with her later😉
Pictured: Ronnie O’Sullivan & Raj Hundal
is that you chicagoplayer with ronnie in the pic?
(dont know why the pic did not show with the post)

While I don’t have any footage of Jeanette, I did meet her in January of 1993 before she was a pro. At a big pool tourney in Reno.

I was friends with her boyfriend at the time. Who is a very strong pool player. Bobby Hunter is his name, he owned a pool room in Carson City Nv.

One thing I can say about Jeanette is her determination to become a pro player was super strong back in 93. I’m not a pro, I play good not talented.

I remember playing her late at night In the tourney room, they left it open 24/7 for action(gambling). Jeanette wanted to play for $, I didn’t have any at that time, so we didn’t gamble. At that time I played a little better than she did. But I could see that she had talent, and dribe. Of course her boyfriend was a super strong player and she was getting proper coaching.

She kept saying “I’m going to become a pro pool player”. She might have said that 3-4 times that night. We played about 4 hours. 9 ball. She played me hard as she could. I played her hard as I could as well. We didn’t keep score. We weren’t gambling but we played like we were playing for a million dollars. The score was close I’d guess, point is we played hard and with passion.

I really respected her. She carried herself like a pro, we are about the same age and I had been playing pool full time for around 8 years at the time. So I had seen lots of people come up in pool. I knew I wasn’t gonna make it to becoming a pro. I knew she WAS FOR SURE GOING TK MAKE IT. I could sense it and see it.

Fast forward a couple years and there she was-a true pro pool player. There was never a doubt in my mind. I saw that in her the night we met. January 1993 at Grady’s 1P tourney in Reno. She was living in Carson City at the time. It’s a well known tourney. She wasn’t playing in it, neither was I. Just happened to be there.

Good luck with your research, I wish I had footage. Or a pic for that matter. All I have is that memory. Many more from more recent times. But this is the one that’s interesting.

Being a pro is in her DNA!

Kindest regards

Fatboy aka Eric Petersen <——-reasonably well known in the pool world, not a pro. Just a guy who’s been around. If I can answer any questions or fill in any gaps of this story I’m happy to. I’m honest, don’t embellish or revise history. I believe in being truthful about our sports history and do everything to preserve it. 🟧
Appreciate this so much! Thank you ;)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appreciate this so much! Thank you ;)
Bobby is in Chicago and there’s a chance he might have something. He’s a very well known member of the pool community. I know they were together in the very very early days of her career. I don’t imagine there’s any bad blood there. Would be worthwhile seeing if Bobby Hunter has anything. He’s a very nice and well respected person in pool.

I’ll send you a message with his info if you like. Give me a bit of time.

Best
Eric 😃

PS: our sport gets so little coverage that when we have a chance to get our “occasional 15 minutes” we need to make the absolute best of that opportunity. Jeannette is a gem and this is just wonderful. Everyone goes home in a limousine.

Bobby is in Chicago and there’s a chance he might have something. He’s a very well known member of the pool community. I know they were together in the very very early days of her career. I don’t imagine there’s any bad blood there. Would be worthwhile seeing if Bobby Hunter has anything. He’s a very nice and well respected person in pool.

I’ll send you a message with his info if you like. Give me a bit of time.

Best
Eric 😃

PS: our sport gets so little coverage that when we have a chance to get our “occasional 15 minutes” we need to make the absolute best of that opportunity. Jeannette is a gem and this is just wonderful. Everyone goes home in a limousine.
Thank you so much, Eric! I really appreciate that...;)

Dr. Don Wardel, co-author with Mark Wilson of...

...knows her as well as anyone. He was one of her doctors in Indianapolis 10 years ago.

He hasn't posted here for years. Williebetmore, I think is his screen name.

Jeff Livingston
That is so helpful, Jeff! Thank you ;)