ESPN 30 for 30 on Jeanette Lee.

Hello,
I'm a producer working on a ESPN 30 for 30 on Jeanette Lee. Specifically, I'm looking to license footage from you!
Does anyone have stills or video footage inside Chelsea Billiards, Howard Beach Billiards or Tramps?
You get bonus points for any footage of Jeanette Lee.
Thank you!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,
I'm a producer working on a ESPN 30 for 30 on Jeanette Lee. Specifically, I'm looking to license footage from you!
Does anyone have stills or video footage inside Chelsea Billiards, Howard Beach Billiards or Tramps?
Thank you!
Contact Jeannie Marie Seaver on Facebook. She helped to promote a benefit tournament for Jeanette and may have what you're looking for: https://www.facebook.com/jeannie.seaver

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Another suggestion is to Contact the BBC. They did a short series of Brit snooker champ Ronnie O'Sullivan visiting various USA cities and challenging USA pool players. Jeanette was in one episode..

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello,
Thank you!
You should be able to gather lots of footage from Jeanette herself as she and others have live-streamed her visits.

Chelsea Billiards NYC?

I have footage of her in Chicago, Schaumburg, IL & The Derby City Classic that I’m using for my documentary “Raising the Hustler” but,
if you can put me in touch with former
Sports Center host Keith Olbermann, I’d gladly discuss filling whatever footage needs you may have.👍

Thank you

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A
Hello,
Thank you!
I know for certain that the APA has filmed Jeanette doing exhibitions around the country.
Inquire of Jeanette for contact information.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• E595114F-E000-4C28-B277-9089B9B4B54C.jpeg
    E595114F-E000-4C28-B277-9089B9B4B54C.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 124

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another suggestion is to Contact the BBC. They did a short series of Brit snooker champ Ronnie O'Sullivan visiting various USA cities and challenging USA pool players. Jeanette was in one episode..
Yeah, I was there but had to leave before she arrived to pick up someone from the airport.
I then caught up with her later😉
Pictured: Ronnie O’Sullivan & Raj Hundal

Attachments

• FCABDF36-D945-43C7-9A0E-9CA1F4CBA0E9.jpeg
    FCABDF36-D945-43C7-9A0E-9CA1F4CBA0E9.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 60921682-CCD6-4CD5-882D-A00FEF92D7B3.jpeg
    60921682-CCD6-4CD5-882D-A00FEF92D7B3.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 0AC64C1A-B997-4721-AC63-054AE72690C0.jpeg
    0AC64C1A-B997-4721-AC63-054AE72690C0.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 3BA134E2-BB9C-49C8-A8EE-1FA7D659AAE9.jpeg
    3BA134E2-BB9C-49C8-A8EE-1FA7D659AAE9.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,
Thank you!
While I don’t have any footage of Jeanette, I did meet her in January of 1993 before she was a pro. At a big pool tourney in Reno.

I was friends with her boyfriend at the time. Who is a very strong pool player. Bobby Hunter is his name, he owned a pool room in Carson City Nv.

One thing I can say about Jeanette is her determination to become a pro player was super strong back in 93. I’m not a pro, I play good not talented.

I remember playing her late at night In the tourney room, they left it open 24/7 for action(gambling). Jeanette wanted to play for $, I didn’t have any at that time, so we didn’t gamble. At that time I played a little better than she did. But I could see that she had talent, and dribe. Of course her boyfriend was a super strong player and she was getting proper coaching.

She kept saying “I’m going to become a pro pool player”. She might have said that 3-4 times that night. We played about 4 hours. 9 ball. She played me hard as she could. I played her hard as I could as well. We didn’t keep score. We weren’t gambling but we played like we were playing for a million dollars. The score was close I’d guess, point is we played hard and with passion.

I really respected her. She carried herself like a pro, we are about the same age and I had been playing pool full time for around 8 years at the time. So I had seen lots of people come up in pool. I knew I wasn’t gonna make it to becoming a pro. I knew she WAS FOR SURE GOING TK MAKE IT. I could sense it and see it.

Fast forward a couple years and there she was-a true pro pool player. There was never a doubt in my mind. I saw that in her the night we met. January 1993 at Grady’s 1P tourney in Reno. She was living in Carson City at the time. It’s a well known tourney. She wasn’t playing in it, neither was I. Just happened to be there.

Good luck with your research, I wish I had footage. Or a pic for that matter. All I have is that memory. Many more from more recent times. But this is the one that’s interesting.

Being a pro is in her DNA!

Kindest regards

Fatboy aka Eric Petersen <——-reasonably well known in the pool world, not a pro. Just a guy who’s been around. If I can answer any questions or fill in any gaps of this story I’m happy to. I’m honest, don’t embellish or revise history. I believe in being truthful about our sports history and do everything to preserve it. 🟧

Last edited: