Ever had a bad roll ruin a great shot?

baller4lifeii

Registered
I'm sure everyone have had this experience before (perhaps, some more than others). You're in a pressure situation and it's do-or-die. After convincing yourself that this is the right way to go, you reach down deep and pull out an amazing shot, only to see whitey find its way into the only spot on the table that would lock you up, or worse, into a pocket!

So lets hear/see those stories. What are some of the worst rolls that you've had that ruined an otherwise terrific shot.



==================

Here's my most recent one. After making my last stripe into the top right pocket (pocket C in the diagram), I came up an inch or two short for the 8. The edge of the 7 blocked the path to make the 8. So I loaded the cue ball with right english and sent it rolling towards the 8, hoping to squeak by the 7 with enough english to throw the 8 into the corner pocket. Long and behold, the 8 found its way into the pocket.

The spin must have helped thrown the ball, because both the cue ball and the 8 went to the left side after contact. The chalk in the diagram marks where I think the 8 would've hit without throw. Of course I forgot to take care of whitey, so it drifted forward just enough to find the side rail. The remaining side english swung it off rail and towards the pocket. It hung for a split second and dropped. Ouch! The shot wasn't very super difficult, but the roll was unfortunate.

That lost put my opponent on the hill. I won the next 3 to win the match, but that one hurt.

:banghead:
 
Bad roll mess up a great shot? You have no idea.

This one time I had these two blondes I met at the bar come by my house afterward to kill some time. Long story short, I started to witness every mans fantasy. I mean these two could have been super models. Right as the motioned for me to join in the front door opened. My wife got off work early...
She never gets off work early...

That wasn't even the bad roll... A short while later I woke up.
 
I had one lose me a bar table tournament qualifier. With the 7, 8, 9 on the table, the cue ball kept going and going and going, stuck behind the 8 kicking at the 7. Rails were in horrible shape and I missed the kick bad. The guy who won was embarrassed:rolleyes:
 
Not REALLY a bad roll...

Hey trippy, I never see the black and white cuetable. I like it.

This one is not really a bad roll because if you play the shot a lot, you'll notice
this scratch happens all the time. You're spinning in the object ball by hitting it railfirst.

I've gotten to the point now where I'm aware of the scratch and I try to spin a little extra
(or hit thinner or fatter) but sometimes the cue ball is just determined to take a swan dive.
I always feel robbed when that happens but at the same time I knew it might so I can't
really say it's a roll.

lM1wted.jpg
 
Back
Top