Ever heard of this Cue Maker .. ?? ...

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Back in 1964, when I was about to leave on deployment to Adak, Alaska I ordered a Custom Cue from a Maker named Willard Dicken in San Jose, California ... He was middle-aged then and had a fully equipped cuemaking shop ... He said he had been making cues for many years ... Anyway, he built a Gorgeous all Birdseye Maple Cue for me and I played with that cue until 1969, when it was stolen from a friend's apartment while we out drinking.
If anyone else here has owned one of his cues or has any history of him, please post it or PM me ... Thanks
 
Last edited:
It has been "mucho" years since I first posted this thread, but I would still
like to have some history on this obscure cuemaker from the 1950's - 60's.
 
His family also owned a large apple orchard.

I believe they started a company by the name of Dicken Cyder.

Well played, sir.



I use that as a "bump" for the OP. I hope you get some info in your search. I, sadly, have no info on that cuemaker.

Anyone else?
 
Back
Top