exactly 2 months & 23 days later my full table restoration is complete.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Nice job TJ. The table looks great! I really like the black stain, and I also really like the work that you did with the leveling feet.

One note of criticism though... The cushions are installed upside-down... I have never tested this, to see how k66 cushions would play, installed upside-down. I am curious to see what you think of them, once the cloth breaks in.

Regardless, you did a job that you should be proud of.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice job TJ. The table looks great! I really like the black stain, and I also really like the work that you did with the leveling feet.

One note of criticism though... The cushions are installed upside-down... I have never tested this, to see how k66 cushions would play, installed upside-down. I am curious to see what you think of them, once the cloth breaks in.

Regardless, you did a job that you should be proud of.
Ya don't say.....

Yeah unfortunately this is news I was made aware of last night. I'm not happy at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A window unit would be adeal but I'd have to cut a hole for it that and the pesky HOA's here would probable make a stink about it. I was thinking of looking into blowing insulation in all my walls too from the inside since my exterior is all stucco and it would be easier to patch the drywall. This and I need to revisit my garage door. I tried 1/2" foam with a radiant reflector pointing towards the door and Reflectix on the door with an air gap. If it made a difference, it made it hotter. I feel the Reflectix is now trapping in the heat. I only did the big door, I lost motivation to do the signal door after it didn't seem to help. This and I might spray foam my rafters in the crawl space above my garage. A mini split would e ideal but pricey to especially if someone else installs it.

A ceiling fan would help a ton if there is no way to sneak A/C in there. Most of dust and sawdust would get blown down instead of around the room like a regular fan would. I started with that at first:)

This is an option too if the back of garage is the back yard on other side:

https://www.acdirect.com/mitsubishi-p-series-24k-btu-ductless-mini-split-air-conditioner

Enjoy that table and shop:)

Last edited:

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting the progress pictures, I really enjoyed them. You did a great job, and quick too. Now it's time to enjoy the finished product!

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting the progress pictures, I really enjoyed them. You did a great job, and quick too. Now it's time to enjoy the finished product!
Thanks. But follow my username's posts to see the realization of mistakes that were made.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
cat cure!

I have my pool table on the open back patio. Deliberately bought a bar table to take the abuse, all I have room for anyway. I also have a multitude of feral cats on the farm. When one showed up I figured it would help with pests and I fed it a little, Lord knows how many are around here now!

Anyway, cutting one inch off of the legs will keep the cats off the table. The cat's legs, not the tables.

Hu
(OK, I kid! Damned cats have ruined a cover for me sharpening claws and didn't help my cloth any. Now my table is under a cover with a tarp over that. So far so good. But a close look reveals a huge water stain on the cloth from a leaking cover.)

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have my pool table on the open back patio. Deliberately bought a bar table to take the abuse, all I have room for anyway. I also have a multitude of feral cats on the farm. When one showed up I figured it would help with pests and I fed it a little, Lord knows how many are around here now!

Anyway, cutting one inch off of the legs will keep the cats off the table. The cat's legs, not the tables.

Hu

(OK, I kid! Damned cats have ruined a cover for me sharpening claws and didn't help my cloth any. Now my table is under a cover with a tarp over that. So far so good. But a close look reveals a huge water stain on the cloth from a leaking cover.)
Good thing is the cat that is not a fraidy-cat has only back claws (adopted him that way, we don't believe in declawing) and the other is to scared to come out because we have dogs. But every night or any time I can't be around to monitor the table, it gets covered.