Excellent article about DENNIS ORCULLO

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for posting this

:smile: You are welcome. For those who have not read this article yet, do yourselves a favor and do so. This is a long, very interesting article not only about Orcullo but the Philippine pool world in general.

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Must read

This is a long read but worth every second. A great story About Dennis and pool in the Philippines. Read it you will enjoy it,,,,,,,,,,,,,

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
Just happend onto this article online... and came here to post the link. Glad you beat me to it and worth a bump!

ratnip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His favorite -- a $2,500 SouthWest weighing 19.5 ounces, which he used to win last year's player of the year award from the World Pool-Billiard Association -- warped in Manila's moist climate, :eek:

Great read folks

You just have to read this. When you think your life is tough look at this man, where he came from and where he is now. Much respect.

I love the photo in the above posters icon. Pretty cool stuff.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a very good read, reminds me of a gentleman named George Rood. He had a tough upbringing too & he too became a Champion Pool Player. I knew George personally, so I was in the know about his life.

I can remember in the 60s & 70s, there was action in the Pool Rooms around the DFW area, everyday. Texas Rec, Cotton Bowling Palace, CJ's & more around the country.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis has come a long way.

I remember staking him back in 02, a year before I migrated here in the US. There were 6 tables set up behind a wet market, lots of side action and we made a killing. Nobody knew him then. Sunrise Billiards was just 5 minutes away from were I used to live, and I had my share of hustlers that came and went, but Dennis is probably one of the best!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I have much respect for someone born poor and climbed out doing the thing he wanted to do. From Dixie diving for food to the #1 money player in the PI and maybe the world. Talk about rags to riches. Johnnyt

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
i remember, about 10 years ago, Antonio Gabica ran 11 or 12 straight racks against Dennis (winner's break). When it was Dennis' turn (after being pinned to his chair for a long time), he scratched on his second shot on that rack. Then he swore on national TV, and everybody was laughing including him. He lost to Gabica 17-3.
now Dennis is one of the most feared pool players in the world.

Last edited: