Gabber
Banned
jjinfla said:Keep in mind that starting in 2007 the IPT will be a job for the card holders. As such they will be expected to follow the rules of the company just like any other worker in any other job. They will have obligations to their employer.
Jake
Why would it be a job? I thought it was a tournament.
Is there an employment contract? Whats the job discription?
What ARE the rules of the company? If PLAYERS are expected to follow the rules, they should[ and any prospective 'employee'] at least know what the rules are!
If KT can change his mind at any time, [ like he just did with the payments, at this, the first tournament] ,are there really any rules?
I thought Jams pics were great. The venue was top class[ although I don't think LV is the best place for pool players LOL] and everyone seemed to have a good time. I saw a few matches on Eurosport and [ believe it or not] was very thankfull![ apart from the Dutch/German commentary and that the matches all involved Euro players!. I wanted to see Earl! LOL Its true. Only got the last few racks against Nick.
I,m not anti- IPT I,m just pro pool.
Round robin format is very susceptible to manipulation, especially when win% can be a tie-breaker. What happens when 2 of players are playing in the last group and one dogs the 8 on hill-hill and this lets another one players thru to the final instead of Ef? It could be the difference between $40,000 and 1 million!
What if it turns out that all 3 players are in MT's 'stable'.? Even if it is innocent it will still look bad. Is that going to help the public perception of pool as being a real sport [ The top 60 players in the last tourny took %75 of the prize money! ]
Gabber.....it was mentioned long ago that IPT members were required to sign a contract. Anyone know anything about this?
Last edited: