extention of RKC's thread on covering rails

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen many mechs that will start stapling in the center of the rail( after the feather stripping is in. curious about where others mechs. start stapling.

i put my first staple about 6" to 8" outside the corners, seperating the corner felt from the rest of the rail felt. it seems to help stretch the corners. it is like that first staple gives me something to stretch the corners against. i hope that makes a little sense lol

where do the rest of the mechanics here start the stapling.

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
It depends If stapling I first learned from the middle out but know I do it in a way similiar to when I use tacks when thiers no power @ the house. I since learned to carry a small generater for the same reason I hate going back to a house when i should be able to do it the first time and not waste as much gas.

The generater trick i picked up when i used to install garage doors in new construction sometimes you couldnt leach of another person' s supply, so i would bring muy own.

Craig

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
It depends If stapling I first learned from the middle out but know I do it in a way similiar to when I use tacks when thiers no power @ the house. I since learned to carry a small generater for the same reason I hate going back to a house when i should be able to do it the first time and not waste as much gas.

The generater trick i picked up when i used to install garage doors in new construction sometimes you couldnt leach of another person' s supply, so i would bring muy own.

Craig

I have a solar power pack that recharges, and has spotlights, for the same purpose. (Quiet/no fumes and much less extension cords). Usually good for a couple of hours on one charge with full power usage, just turn the solar panels over.

I start from the center on end rails. Side rails, I start my staples on that end and stretch to the corner, then get busy. Sometimes I'll do my end rails the same way, depending upon the cloth going on.