Failed run-outs pls. critique

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Just recently started looking in this part of AZ. I thoroughly enjoy some of the stuff I've read as well as watching some of the videos. I would like to submit a short video of myself failing at running out and just looking for some constructive criticism on my stroke, stance etc.

The first rack is pretty chaotic and I try to shoot myself out of a mess. Second rack went more as planned until I stuck myself to the rail. Don't pay attention to the shots I take after the miss as I am just trying to blow off steam at that point and just letting loose.

For reference the table is a Diamond Pro-Am with pro-cut pockets. Have it for maybe 2 months now and just recently, like the last couple days, finally getting used to the speed. This is the newer blue label table and it is the fastest table I have ever played on. But, I love it.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92NxSVwZuZI

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I could help but I need to hear the sound of the hit --- so I can't turn off the sound, but when I leave the sound on, I'm forced to listen to your music.

It's not that I don't like music. I do, but if you're asking for help then it might be a good idea to be a little more considerate.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses here because others may not care about the music. I do, though.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Never thought about the sound of the hit. I will see if I can get another video together in the next couple days. Sorry about the music, it does kinda suck as it's not the type I usually listen to but I just let it be as I was trying to get a run together.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For what it's worth, I like your choice in music. Hearing the tip on the ball is not important for the shots you had.

You move the cue ball too much. On the first shot of the video, you should have ended at half that distance from your second shot. Also, if you had gotten a half-ball angle on the second shot you could have moved up the table with a tenth of the power you used. You had to use a lot of power because you were too close to straight. On many of your other shots, the cue ball is moving far too much.

Keep the shots short and get the angle on the next shot that makes it as easy as possible to get on the third shot. (That's sometime called playing three shots ahead.)

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Thanks Bob. I agree with everything you said. 1st rack I came off the 2 ball wrong got too steep setting up for the 4. All downhill from there. Did you watch the 2nd rack? I thought I did better then.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Bob. I agree with everything you said. 1st rack I came off the 2 ball wrong got too steep setting up for the 4. All downhill from there. Did you watch the 2nd rack? I thought I did better then.

Not yet. I was on my way to a meeting and could only look at the first 5 shots or so.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I like the music choices too, but I would side with Ms. Crimi that if are looking for help a 'clean' video would be better.

I think it is obvious that since the shot that you missed is right after that person walked by & out of the door, that you let that distract you.:wink:

Best Wishes,
Rick

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
I like the music choices too, but I would side with Ms. Crimi that if are looking for help a 'clean' video would be better.

I think it is obvious that since the shot that you missed is right after that person walked by & out of the door, that you let that distract you.:wink:

Best Wishes,
Rick

It was already a tough shot and her walking by asked me one question was all it took.

No excuses though. The bottomline is I missed because I had a bad position on the 12. I pounded the 11 trying to force the cb off the rail but still ended funny on the 12.