fake scruggs ebay?

Nineballjerry2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definately fake,Walmart has better cues!love the sticker inlays saves a lot of time cutting and glueing!

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
It's s Shame that the eBay guy is trying to play off being stupid or ignorant to the fact it's an obvious fake, and looking at his completed auction, he seems to know or about cues but still is trying to pass it off..

Chris

Billyard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
LOL..

"Here's a Cue that lot people telling me is expensive custom but since I know nothing about it I am selling it. Only markings on the cue is a TS logo on the butt Capp!!!! In good condition rolls straight. 5/16x14 piloted pin. Also reserve the right to end auction early as I have few local customers interested in this cue. Text me at 757-999-0672 for option to buy it now if interested."

JOEY 300

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
hi

why would you call it a fake >>>
the seller never said it was a tim scruggs cue
he is not asking $ 2000 for it
the cue builder has the same initials.....so what

joey

Billyard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
hi

why would you call it a fake >>>
the seller never said it was a tim scruggs cue
he is not asking $ 2000 for it
the cue builder has the same initials.....so what

joey

Joey,

The cue being sold is a counterfeit. They are not only the same initials but they are the same intertwining design and attempting to use the same font. He is saying he doesn't know the maker while highlighting the counterfeit logo.

It is against Ebay policies to sell counterfeit items and hence should be reported.

RyanTheImpaler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
That's a crock! If my last name was McDermott, it does not give me a right to label my cues with an M surrounded by a clover. To do so is indeed criminal in the category of using a patented logo. It was done in this way to mislead and even if it is said that it was done without knowing it was illegal, it doesn't make it any less illegal. It's a crock and purposely labeled with that logo to deceive.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What was the name of that guy that used to rip people off on eBay and here years ago that lived in Ferrum, VA and went down and did time for the eBay and internet fraud?! I am betting he is out now, and back at it.

Last edited:

RyanTheImpaler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I'm thinking the name was wrongwaynate who was selling a horrible Schon fake. I think they booted him off of eBay as wrongwaynate but doesn't mean he didn't evolve into another username.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Last edited:

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
267   0   0
Hey it was just brought to my attention from AZer that my old add on eBay from month ago is being talked about just to clear air I sold that cue few weeks ago to guy in Germany. I told him I was 99% sure it was fake and even asked info from couple Azers before I gave I info on it. I haven't had cue for few weeks sold it listed as fake. Thanks to member that told me about this I am shooting league and will contact eBay to find out who is posting my cell number. Make this clear it is not my cue. And billy yard I just did deal with u so I hope u of all people know I am honest.

Billyard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Hey it was just brought to my attention from AZer that my old add on eBay from month ago is being talked about just to clear air I sold that cue few weeks ago to guy in Germany. I told him I was 99% sure it was fake and even asked info from couple Azers before I gave I info on it. I haven't had cue for few weeks sold it listed as fake. Thanks to member that told me about this I am shooting league and will contact eBay to find out who is posting my cell number. Make this clear it is not my cue. And billy yard I just did deal with u so I hope u of all people know I am honest.

Yup.. I mentioned in my post that I just had a good deal with you and no issues.

The auction was just ended... it was listed a few times over the past week by ebay user ronnie7276.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It looks like the person selling the cue is a member here.. I actually just did a deal with him and had no issues.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=4410654

The phone number Holdem used is the same as the Ebay ad...

Here is the original Ebay ad with phone number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Cue-...571?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23324e5c33

The guy contributes to AZB not at all, but has pages and pages (11) of cues for sale ads....and he doesn't know who Tim Scruggs is? Then lists the cue as a Dale Perry, but the listing title says unknown? Something is not right here.

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
267   0   0
That's my ebay name but I haven't listed cue in about 2 to 3 weeks ago I haven't even checked my eBay account in about month till buddy of mine just texted me asking about old fake scruggs I had. I sold that cue to daznat on eBay in Germany told him I was almost sure it was fake so please no deceiving on my part. I even asked few very reputable people here on AZ before I told him I thought it was fake he still bought it for 199.99 which was starting price I listed it at. That is not me I stress again that is not me on eBay I will contact them first thing in morning. Was wondering why I had text messages asking about Scruggs when I don't have one listed.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That's my ebay name but I haven't listed cue in about 2 to 3 weeks ago I haven't even checked my eBay account in about month till buddy of mine just texted me asking about old fake scruggs I had. I sold that cue to daznat on eBay in Germany told him I was almost sure it was fake so please no deceiving on my part. I even asked few very reputable people here on AZ before I told him I thought it was fake he still bought it for 199.99 which was starting price I listed it at. That is not me I stress again that is not me on eBay I will contact them first thing in morning. Was wondering why I had text messages asking about Scruggs when I don't have one listed.

Okie dokie then. It did seem odd. Carry on. :sorry: