Falcon cue, 4 Points with Ivory? inlays.

I am looking for information on a Falcon cue that I recently purchased.

It has 4 points, and I was told that the inlays are ivory.

I was told that the cue is a VL-10 model, and was made in July of 2000, and retailed for $780.

I am just wondering how accurate this information is.

I was surprised that Falcon cues have that high of a retail value (because that price is in the same range as come Schon cue retail for).

Does anyone know what VL stands for (maybe Varner Limited?)

Does anyone here recognize the cue, and if it may have been a limited edition model?

I can't find any information about a VL-10 Falcon model on the internet.

Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • $(KGrHqNHJDME63ZMVB1cBO4ys46oRQ~~60_1.JPG
    $(KGrHqNHJDME63ZMVB1cBO4ys46oRQ~~60_1.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,411
Thank you for the information. Does anyone know of maybe an old link to pictures, and descriptions of the VL series (or maybe just a picture)? So bone inlays is a term for imitation ivory? Did any Falcon cues use real ivory inlays? How does the quality compare to Joss, and other production cues? This is my 1st Falcon cue, so I am just interested about the company. Thanks.
 
Thank you very much for the picture. I see that it may be the highest end cue that they made of that series. I guess that the value of the cue (used) is probably around $200? Thanks.
 
Bone is bone...it's natural like ivory, but not as rare and definitely has different properties. If bleached, it can look a lot like ivory, so it works nice for inlays. Falcon cues were meant to compete with Joss in the market (Canadian company? Not sure...). Nice cues, but I always preferred Joss. I think the Falcon cues are a little more mass produced in their production methods; Joss has fewer, more experienced folks working the lathes/cnc machines.

The Varner Line were particularly sharp looking Falcons; he played with one in the early nineties that was stunning...can't find a picture, but it looked like a high end Schon with segmented ivory (bone?) cnc inlaid points and big oval windows in the butt. Gorgeous maple forearm. I think it was a Tournament of Champions where I saw it. I remember them priced about like comparable Joss cues. Saw a few around in the early 90s, but haven't seem them since.
 
thanks for the picture emptypockets. Yes VL goes for Vancouver Line, I have owned a VL-6 for over 10 years now and still love it. And I still like the design better than other cues present in that line ;)
I can't remember how the cues of that series were priced, like if VL-10 was supposed to be cheaper than VL-6 or vice versa, but mine was $400 MSRP, I got it for 380 if I remember right.
 
Last edited:
The previous owner mailed me a copy of an email from the Director of Sales & Marketing (of Falcon cues Ltd.), and the person noted (in the email) that the original retail price of the VL-10 cue was $780 USD, and for some odd reason (that I do not understand), the person also noted that the cue was built in July of 2000. I do not understand how the Director of Sales & Marketing would know the exact month of when a mass produced VL-10 series cue was built. Maybe the retailers were selling the cues for much less than the suggested retail price of the cues. Here is a link to what the VL-8 costs on a website that I found below (the only website that I could find that had a VL series cue for sale).

http://dev.knswebdesigns.net/store/shopexd.asp?id=335

I guess that maybe the bone ivory inlays do not really make the cue any more valuable (because they are not real ivory inlays), but they are much larger in my VL-10 cue. Does anyone know of any other sites that are still selling the VL series cues (old discontinued new stock that are still available for sell)? Thanks.
 
Back
Top