fargo question re: men and women

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
could a woman's fargo rating be skewed because she's mostly/only playing other women?

if the women's field is weaker overall, could a player like siming (who I'm a fan of btw) seemingly inflate her fargo rating by dominating that weaker field?

hope this isn't a dumb question, but this is something I've wondered, and well, the overall topic seems to be a hot one at the moment :)
 
There is about 50 pages of discussion on this very topic on the Mills vs Siming thread in the main forum. Lots of contributions by the Fargo man himself, Mr Page. Read to your hearts content:)
 
could a woman's fargo rating be skewed because she's mostly/only playing other women?

if the women's field is weaker overall, could a player like siming (who I'm a fan of btw) seemingly inflate her fargo rating by dominating that weaker field?

hope this isn't a dumb question, but this is something I've wondered, and well, the overall topic seems to be a hot one at the moment :)

Simple answer is NO.
Because for years and years, the "perfect game" , Chess has been using ELO system (which I believe is similar to Fargo) for both men and women. And they still have separate tournaments for men and women.
Men still dominate. Only 1 woman (#86) in top 100 world rankings. https://ratings.fide.com/top.phtml?list=men
But no one dare say a female player with ELO 2600 is inferior to male player with 2600 even though men and women do not play against each other much.

:D
 
could a woman's fargo rating be skewed because she's mostly/only playing other women?

if the women's field is weaker overall, could a player like siming (who I'm a fan of btw) seemingly inflate her fargo rating by dominating that weaker field?

hope this isn't a dumb question, but this is something I've wondered, and well, the overall topic seems to be a hot one at the moment :)

They used examples of Shane playing high level players exclusively and then examples of him playing low level players exclusively and his rating was virtually the same.

The balls dont care what sex you are, unlike some people on here:outtahere:
Jason
 
No matter what you Fargorate is. If you only play players below your rating. Can your rating go up?
 
No matter what you Fargorate is. If you only play players below your rating. Can your rating go up?
Yes. You beat everybody you play like they're rented mules and you will be rated higher than all of them.

Example: you only play one person who is rated. His rating is 500. You consistently beat him 2:1 in long races. You are rated at 600.
 
Back
Top