Fast Larry is banned again?

Are you glad Fast Larry is gone?

• Hell yeah! That guy is 5 cans short of a six pack!

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • No. I liked hearing his stories and false boasts

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Fast who? Nobody knows him or cares.

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
sjm summed up my thoughts very well. I am kind of indifferent on the issue. I can easily look over his comments and determine if they have merit and move on. I can understand how he can get irritating to others. He does seem to have an opinion on every thread. So I am not going to vote seeing how none of the voting options really favor FL.

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
drivermaker said:
It doesn't matter...if he chooses to stay off that's up to him. But he's too computer savvy to be kept off. My guess is, somewhere down the line he'll be back. It's his fault for allowing himself to be suckered into all of it time and again, but there are MANY on here that seek him out and do everything in their power to discredit, demean, humiliate, and antagonize him day in and day out to push his buttons.

You have an interesting take on FL. Actually, you're quoting him almost verbatim, but I've never heard anyone but him accuse people of "seeking him out and discrediting, demeaning, and humiliating him". He brings on all of the critisizm himself with the way he freaks out every time someone doesn't fully agree with him. Often times his posts are just begging people to argue with him with sentences like, "I'm sure all the bozo's will chime in and flame me for this one", as if to say that anyone who disagrees with him is a bozo.

Now, before anyone starts talking about Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Speech is not a right in a privately owned forum. The First Amendment reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech ...". It does NOT say anything about having the right to get on the internet and say what you want in someone else's forum. Free Speech means that nobody is going to bust down Larry's door and arrest him for anything he said on here. It doesn't mean Mike can't ban him.

Last edited:
Jimmy M. said:
You have an interesting take on FL. Actually, you're quoting him almost verbatim, but I've never heard anyone but him accuse people of "seeking him out and discrediting, demeaning, and humiliating him". He brings on all of the critisizm himself with the way he freaks out every time someone doesn't fully agree with him. Often times his posts are just begging people to argue with him with sentences like, "I'm sure all the bozo's will chime in and flame me for this one", as if to say that anyone who disagrees with him is a bozo.

Well...you must know who I am then. Curses, foiled again!

kennyratt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fast Larry status

sjm said:
My opinion is this. FL has been around pool for decades, and is an undeniable scholar of the game, it's personalities, and it's history. For those reasons, I'd say that of those who post, he is among the most capable to contribute constructively to this forum. Some of the FL posts are superb and insightful. Unfortunately, FL has too great a tendency to post in a style that is argumentative, disrespectful of persons on the forum and of members of the pool sport and industry, and sometimes, his posts are just plain rude.

FL often mentions that he is a PhD, and I'm sure he is. This gives him the ability to offer well-considered, well-written posts, yet he frequently chooses to post in a self-constructed slang that he has, at times, claimed is appropriate for his less-educated and far-less-scholarly-than-himself audience. He has no problem taking cheap shots at this audience.

To me, the purpose of the AZB forum is for people who share a passion for pool to exchange opinions, ideas, and information pertinent to the game respectfully and tastefully, and in a way that tends to heighten their collective love of the game. Nearly all posters on this forum fit nicely into this mold, and FL has all the ingredients to be counted among them if he would change his act.

Speaking for myself, I hope FL corrects his ways, begins to show respect for all others who post on the forum, and remains active on the AZB forum.
TAP, TAP, TAP!!! I concure.!!!

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
This was exactly the point. How much time do you think someone like Johnny Archer is going to want to spend trying to communicate with fans on this forum with crap like that going on?

When our patriotic friend decided he needed to reply to a question someone posted for Johnny, he had officially worn out his welcome. I suspect Larry had worn his out a couple days ago, but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Mike

Williebetmore said:
If I was a pro, I would have to think twice, though, about participating in a forum dominated by rambling, personal attacks - what would be the point???

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
This was exactly the point. How much time do you think someone like Johnny Archer is going to want to spend trying to communicate with fans on this forum with crap like that going on?

When our patriotic friend decided he needed to reply to a question someone posted for Johnny, he had officially worn out his welcome. I suspect Larry had worn his out a couple days ago, but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Mike

Mike why not have a warning meter assigned to those who are getting a bit out of line. You could assign stars or whater ever to them in the used CP area and they could see how close they are to being booted. Five stars and out you go. After getting a few stars the person might heed the warning and back off. Just a thought and prolly not a very good one.

Keep up the good work Mike.
Always glad to see a patrolman on duty.

rodrigo1508

Registered
I am new here and I go tired of him. He insulted everyone and used inapropiate language in a forum where anyone can come and read his posts, including kids and also many international guests. In my opinion he was not only giving himself a bad name he was also giving american people and pool people a bad reputation.

Top Spin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bethesilentone said:
The "Big Star" slit his own throat, just like It predicted.

The guy would be ok on here, if he didnt choose to have such spastic post habits. I could care less if he would post maybe 3 times a day max.I would actually read it and not say anything. No one would say S#*7,If he Put all his eggs in one basket, Hold back from posting, or send private messages to specific members pertaining to the thread, Have a bit of self control he would last. Self control, is a simple lesson learned. Just because a guy can teach, and play pool doesnt mean he knows zip about human relations, and how to be a heard voice in a team of friends and conversationalists. I know plenty of people who are super talented, and have no friends because their mind, and people skills never got past 8th grade.

Your handle suggests you are silent, but you're anything but that regarding FL. I've said before and I will again, I don't think you know much at all about this game. Real pool players are different people and most of them that I've come across have large egos - deal with it. Thanks.

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WilleeCue said:
Mike why not have a warning meter assigned to those who are getting a bit out of line. You could assign stars or whater ever to them in the used CP area and they could see how close they are to being booted. Five stars and out you go. After getting a few stars the person might heed the warning and back off. Just a thought and prolly not a very good one.

Keep up the good work Mike.
Always glad to see a patrolman on duty.

This might work with a person who crossed the line, but does it infrequently. With FL, although he did not say so, I am pretty sure he expected to be banned and it was no news to him. This is old history, with the same patterns being repeated.

As far as his knowlege of things related to billiards, yes he does have knowlege and some of it I agree with, some of it I do not agree with at all. I do not argue with him though on the things we disagree on,even when I have asked others higher up in pool if I was right. It just does not matter enough anymore to fight over stuff, whether they are right or I am.

I was actually surprised to see FL back again in his own name. I thought that he had already been banned permanently. Still do not understand that one.

I did not vote because I figured it was mike's decision.

Laura

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
That doesn't work. You are the bane of newsgroups and as such you have been begged, cajoled, threatened, pleaded with, reasoned with, prayed to to and every other conceivable tactic, with absolutely NO results. Some people are such attention seeking jerks, that they refuse to honor the wishes (suggestions) of the majority and continue to spoil boards/forums/newsgroups for all others. Fast Larry and you are only two examples of this selfish behavior. Your recent departure and return to the newsgroups and daily constant bickering is once again destroying what could be an enjoyable experience for others.... You would have one million 'stars' by now and nothing will have changed. You and Fast Larry just don't get it.. imo

Yes Smorg, and you do everything in your power to keep me acting that way on the NG dont you. However, this is here and there is there. Why do you bring your hate filled agenda here for something that was done there and place it in a thread about FL? Your BS is not relevant here so what is your real intention with this post?
Why dont you start a new thread about how bad WilleeCue is if you want to rant about me here.

Two stars for you, Smorg ... just keep it up and you will be next.

And this is how it starts. Now all that we need is for some of Smorg's allies to chime in, some of Willee's buddy's to come back, and there's a full blown flame war.

JimmyM, are you tuning in to these two posts? It doesn't have to be just FL, it's happened to me and anyone else that's been involved in a flame war. And yes, it's a tact that I've used also. It's the rules of war on ANY forum.
A verbal remark is made that's like sticking a hat pin in someone's side, then you start turning and churning it around. It's meant to aggravate, incite, belittle, demean, instigate, control, or bury someone. And it all starts with what is seemingly, to some, an innocent or innocuous remark, especially if you happen to be in the camp of the individual that's starting it. Soon enough, it then depends on who has the most troops and allies. There's always power in numbers and it's like pirannha in a feeding frenzy. Based on the number of views of ANY flame war, we love it! They all go up over 1,000 to 3,000. I guess the bottom line is we're all pool bum sick f*#ks. No wonder my mother always told me to stay out of pool rooms. I never listened.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
drivermaker said:
And this is how it starts. Now all that we need is for some of Smorg's allies to chime in, some of Willee's buddy's to come back, and there's a full blown flame war.

No flame wars.
Not here and not with me, Drivermaker.
I am a bit smarter than to be suckered into a flame war on this board.
On a NG it is open season but here I use a bit more common sense and what little self restraint I have.
Sorry, but Smorg will need to find some other idiot to start his BS with because this one refuses to play his game.

Thanks, for your coments, DM, as some dont understand the dynamics of a flame war and how they start.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
drivermaker said:
JimmyM, are you tuning in to these two posts? It doesn't have to be just FL, it's happened to me and anyone else that's been involved in a flame war. And yes, it's a tact that I've used also.

I don't have (or need) any allies. The difference here in Azb is that 'there IS a God' and he wields the scissors. The Azb moderator can cut the rug out from under anyone he pleases. That luxury is not afforded in a newsgroup.. I notice that YOU keep stirring the pot, also. I guess that you like it, you're awfully good at it... imo

Last edited:

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
I have no hate filled agenda against anyone. You chimed in on this thread about Fast Larry and appointing 'stars' and I chimed in about how NO tactic is effective with the likes of you and Larry. You announced (after years) that you were leaving RSB for good. This was after 15 or so longtime RSB posters finally got fed up with you and made THEIR announcement that they were coming here to AzB. You also came to Azb and then after only a few short weeks, you went back on 'your word' (you Lied again) and returned to RSB, where you are disrupting and ruining RSB once again. I seldom bother to reply to you any longer, but I refuse to let you go by unchallenged. When do you find time to make a cue, when you're online 25 hours a day 'defending yourself' ? Btw, Mike may ban me from the board anytime he feels that I'm disruptive or whenever he wants. He IS the big cheese, afterall.. imo

Smorg, Did you not see my post stating that I was not going to let you sucker me into a flame war here.
Why do you continue to try to bait me.
What is your agenda for doing that.
Please ... I am asking you again.
Stop it ... like you promised to do once before.
No one here wants to read your hate filled lies.
If you take it to RSB I will be glad to have it out with you ... but not here.
Do you understand?

Another star for Smorg ..... that makes three!

Smorgass Bored said:
I notice that YOU keep stirring the pot, also. I guess that you like it, you're awfully good at it... imo

Thanks Smorg, I'm glad that you recognize talent when you see it. Guess it comes from an experienced trained eye and pot stirrer himself. Now, why don't you bend over with your undies off and remove that cactus burr that's stuck up your ass.
(Oh God, what did I just say....what a horrific sight!)

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DoomCue said:
Hey! What happened to my midget joke?

-djb

YOur midget joke is gone with the rest of that thread_wish you's post it agian- I want to copy it this time.

Snoozy

Registered
Good Riddance

I am very happy to see Fast Larry gone. Even though it is possible to learn something from him . . . and I have . . . I just don't want to spend my life sifting through a ton of rubble to find a dime.

Snoozy

bethesilentone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah! Mike deleted my cool thread,"the fast larry channel". I saw FL was cussing alot so thats why I bet. I am not afraid of internet bullies.I try to attack idiots with a mirror.

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
bethesilentone said:
Yeah! Mike deleted my cool thread,"the fast larry channel". I saw FL was cussing alot so thats why I bet. I am not afraid of internet bullies.I try to attack idiots with a mirror.

Well Folks, this is my first post here. I came across AZ some time ago, but haven't really checked out the forums because I've found Fast Larry's answers over on billiards - pool . net to be very helpful to me. I'm sorry to hear the administrators have decided to kick him off here. I understand there have been some misunderstandings, and those happen with most people at least some of the time. I'm not going to go back and check out the flame wars here about Fast, as that really doesn't interest me. I'm interested in pool, and how to play it best, the technical aspects of that, the psychological aspects, and so on, and most of my questions asked on BPN have really been answered to my satisfaction.

I don't anticipate posting a lot here, I'll read a bit, that's for sure, but flame wars and insults and so on are the way to be sure I'll look elsewhere for help and interesting conversation.

I wish you all well.

Best,

Flex

P.S. My work is in PR, that is public relations, and checking out the poll above it's quite clear that it's not a poll at all, just another attack on Fast, so I'll abstain from voting. I wonder why the poll isn't an honest one?

Last edited: