AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1670862364072.png

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thats a great drill for warming up .
I came across that vid yesterday, went down to my basement and tried it out for about 30-40 mins . Once I completed the 2nd diamond , I played the 9 ghost , & after the 1st rack , I strung together a 3 pk, & stayed in form for a good hour & a half or so .

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He’s the most natural talented player I’ve seen pop up in the last 30 years I’d guess maybe longer. Ain’t no telling how much better he will become. He doesn’t remind me of a 2 year wonder like some other very talented guys who are long gone were. I think he’s going to have a long career and be the guy to beat. Everyone’s playing for 2nd place imo.

Fatboy<——-seen lots come and go over the years.

Great for pool!!!!

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I love the drill though for some reason I found using object balls was messing with me on the harder versions of the drill. So I started replacing cue ball after the pot with an OB. Then, replacing one of the OBs in the line with the CB. I started having more success.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are two BCA Hall of Famers that used 14.1 as their primary practice game even though they competed almost exclusively at nine-ball. Their names are Mika Immonen and Jeanette Lee.
good for them. i just don't see how playing a half-table game composed of mostly short shots helps 9b/10b. been hearing this story for years and almost every top player i know plays little to no straight pool. the reason they compete at 9b is more because 14.1 pays nada than anything else.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love straight pool but 1 hour of this drill is probably better practice for a pro 9 ball player than an entire day of straight pool.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are two BCA Hall of Famers that used 14.1 as their primary practice game even though they competed almost exclusively at nine-ball. Their names are Mika Immonen and Jeanette Lee.
3 Johnny Archer did as well

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Gold Member
I love the drill though for some reason I found using object balls was messing with me on the harder versions of the drill. So I started replacing cue ball after the pot with an OB. Then, replacing one of the OBs in the line with the CB. I started having more success.
Heck yes, same way I did it. I get weird about marking up the object balls. Replace the cue ball and then replace the object ball with the cue ball and keep that to replace the cue ball on the next shot.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heck yes, same way I did it. I get weird about marking up the object balls. Replace the cue ball and then replace the object ball with the cue ball and keep that to replace the cue ball on the next shot.
You gotta keep cleaning the balls though.
You wanna tighten up, do a 15 ball line-up across the head string.

In order; from one way or the other.

In one pocket.

With one position method. IOW and for instance, one rail and same rail all the way across. Try all the options separately.

Repeat using the other rail shooting balls in the same left to right/ right to left orientation.

Start on the other end, repeat.

Switch pocket, repeat.

Divorce your wife, repeat on remaining 4 pockets.

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Gold Member
“Divorce your wife.”

You make me laugh. Surely your little yum-yum shares, or at least TRIES to share, your interests with you. God knows you’ve spent several Saturdays pretending to enjoy antiquing, when you were only hoping to find pool related memorabilia.

And no, I’ve never gone antiquing. My wife is a freakin’ rocker who shoots just as good as me...

Why does she always ply me with alcohol when we have our time on the table together? I always thought she was trying to take advantage of me sexually. It may be that she’s looking for a competitive advantage. That biznatch!

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
“Divorce your wife.”

You make me laugh. Surely your little yum-yum shares, or at least TRIES to share, your interests with you. God knows you’ve spent several Saturdays pretending to enjoy antiquing, when you were only hoping to find pool related memorabilia.

And no, I’ve never gone antiquing. My wife is a freakin’ rocker who shoots just as good as me...

Why does she always ply me with alcohol when we have our time on the table together? I always thought she was trying to take advantage of me sexually. It may be that she’s looking for a competitive advantage. That biznatch!
You are a fortunate soul. Tell you what's funny, never been married. lol...

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should clarify one obvious thing about the drill tips; they are tips. Configured for mass consumption. The nazi approach I offered is for those ready for higher resolution speed and accuracy. Also, Gorst's table seemed appropriately up to the task.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Dig it! I really like Fedor's game. The fact that he is so diligent about mechanics is reflected in his success.

I tried these and it took a bit to get through all 3 levels, but no way that's a warm up drill for me! Level 3 is one and done. I was happy to get through it. It takes heavy duty focus to shoot it. One mental lapse and you are cooked...

-td

Last edited: