Fedor Gorst v Carlo Biado (Race to 120) 9 ball (Sep 16-18)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another one of those lonnnnggg races. Used to be race to 50, then 100 now 120. It is just matter of time before it becomes race to 10000 :ROFLMAO:

gorst biado.JPG

Anyway, Gorst in a hurry and racing away early with 5-0 lead

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They have been playing for over 6 hours so far today, and it could still go another couple of hours before someone gets to 40. Just absurd.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gorst leads 40-34 after Day 1
Gorst stats are Impressive exceeding Biado in all aspects
TPA for both >0.9 Gorst 0.96 Biado 0.92
Both have B&R 6 to 7 racks.
High quality Day 1 but unfortunately this could be slowest match of this decade :)

gorst biado day1.jpg

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
I think Carlo is fortunate to only be down by 6 games after day 1. Fedor is better in every stat except safety errors.
Biado is realizing that he may have bit off more the he can chew against the shooting accuracy of Gorst-- Carlo looks more fidgety than normal.
And yes, the race (without a shot clock) is too long. 30+30+30 is a better format imo.
They should put a 30 second shot clock on day 3 lol.
Fedor will win series this by 20+.

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
The Omega TPAs haven’t really lined up with the actual play from past streams I’ve watched from them if they are using the same metrics as Accu Stats. Is it the same or something else?

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been watching SVB on the Sharks stream on YouTube and have really held my interest. 30 second timer that starts IMMEDIATELY, even after the break. One extension per rack of 10 seconds added to the time. I get the race isn’t as long but it still keeps it moving along And watchable.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I think Carlo is fortunate to only be down by 6 games after day 1. Fedor is better in every stat except safety errors.
Biado is realizing that he may have bit off more the he can chew against the shooting accuracy of Gorst-- Carlo looks more fidgety than normal.
And yes, the race (without a shot clock) is too long. 30+30+30 is a better format imo.
They should put a 30 second shot clock on day 3 lol.
Fedor will win series this by 20+.
I agree. One thing about Carlo is he's a fighter. He's got great heart and pride. Might just put in a Rocky-like performance if he can get close in the end.

Attachments

• 1663439773626.png
    1663439773626.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 51

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been watching SVB on the Sharks stream on YouTube and have really held my interest. 30 second timer that starts IMMEDIATELY, even after the break. One extension per rack of 10 seconds added to the time. I get the race isn’t as long but it still keeps it moving along And watchable.
I've never understood why they don't use a generic time bank like other games, such as chess. You can have a 30 sec/shot time limit (although something like 1 min after the break makes sense, otherwise you're getting into "speed-pool" territory). But then have a 30 sec - 1 min time bank that automatically starts if someone eclipses their 30 second limit for a shot, but the remainder carries over.

Doing so keep the games snappy, but also allows a player a few things

1) Doesn't have to be signaling to a ref and can stay focused on the table
2) Doesn't have to rush shots because he knows an extra 5 seconds won't hurt him
3) Doesn't feel limited and constrained to only one shot that takes a little extra thinking
4) Doesn't have to use a 30- (or, in this case, 10-) second extension just because they need, or just might need, an extra 1 second

Once their extra 30sec - 1 min of time is out then they just have a 30 sec limit per shot. Never a signal needed, no obnoxious loud beeping. Timer is visible and the player's responsibility to watch.

The Shane vs Chua match was a pain for me to watch because I felt I was watching speed pool, and with the timer set to beep at 10 sec it was starting almost every shot. I'm not sure if the player's could hear it, but from a spectator's perspective it was super annoying and I didn't want to hear that seemingly every other shot. And giving the players just a little extra time sometimes results in some pretty impressive shots.