Felt or cloth ?

Gman***

My table is a 8 ft Goldenwest , with wide pockets , I believe my corners are 4 3/4 sides are wider , so very generous ! I want to put new cloth on . I’m struggling with ordering Simonis 860 not because of price , but for what makes sense to use on my type of table . Am I trying to put Candy apple red on a Ford Pinto here ? Any suggestions would be appreciated

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My table is a 8 ft Goldenwest , with wide pockets , I believe my corners are 4 3/4 sides are wider , so very generous ! I want to put new cloth on . I’m struggling with ordering Simonis 860 not because of price , but for what makes sense to use on my type of table . Am I trying to put Candy apple red on a Ford Pinto here ? Any suggestions would be appreciated
Get CPBA. Great cloth for a good price. $153 for 8ft, 177 for oversize 8ft. https://www.amazon.com/CPBA-Competition-MG-700-Worsted-Professional/dp/B07PGT6CJX?th=1&psc=1 In a home setting it will last a LONG time. And its CLOTH btw, not felt.

Gman***

Get CPBA. Great cloth for a good price. $153 for 8ft, 177 for oversize 8ft. https://www.amazon.com/CPBA-Competition-MG-700-Worsted-Professional/dp/B07PGT6CJX?th=1&psc=1 In a home setting it will last a LONG time. And its CLOTH btw, not felt.
I thank you for that ! You know I try to play everyday , but even with that being said Simonis 860 just sounds overkill for my Goldenwest 8 wide pockets , since I have you here garczar , my table cushions are original 1997 purchased , would you consider replacing them , even if they seem to play ok ? so I am going to your link ! Thanks garczar

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thank you for that ! You know I try to play everyday , but even with that being said Simonis 860 just sounds overkill for my Goldenwest 8 wide pockets , so I am going to your link ! Thanks garczar
I've played on it and can't tell it apart. Make sure you get right size as 8ft's come in two sizes. 44x88 will be regular and 46x92 is oversize. This is measured cushion nose to cushion nose.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I liked that old slow cloth. You could let your stroke out.
That was back in the days when cues were heavier, 20 ounces plus, and thicker in the butt. Yep, you had to have a stroke with that wool cloth.

All the best,
WW

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanx to garzar and Wildwing for the ‘cloth’ correction....billiard cloth being called ‘felt’ grates on my nerves.
...it reminds me of when I asked a waitress for some extra butter....she brought me margarine.....
...I told her I really preferred butter...she said “What’s the diff?” I responded “How would you like it if I paid my tab in counterfeit money?”

Gman***

Thanx to garzar and Wildwing for the ‘cloth’ correction....billiard cloth being called ‘felt’ grates on my nerves.
...it reminds me of when I asked a waitress for some extra butter....she brought me margarine.....
...I told her I really preferred butter...she said “What’s the diff?” I responded “How would you like it if I paid my tab in counterfeit money?”
I kinda got a rise out of ya there ! Felt does sound like something you would wrap your pet in ... thanks pt109

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screenshot_20210402-115414.jpg

Gman***

That’s seems to be the the consensus L.S ... I was on One the billiards website and believe it or not they do list it , or have as Felt , go figure . Well I just ordered tournament blue worsted today , and can’t wait to put it on !