First snooker tournament this weekend...

Norm Craig

Registered
Any suggestions on getting prepared? I've played lots of pool tournaments but it doesn't quite feel the same. The morning of, do you stretch, have a way to warm up your cueing arm/shoulder, getting mentally prepared for the longer games? AM I OVER-THINKING IT?!?!?!:eek:
Thanks in advance,
Norm

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Any suggestions on getting prepared? I've played lots of pool tournaments but it doesn't quite feel the same. The morning of, do you stretch, have a way to warm up your cueing arm/shoulder, getting mentally prepared for the longer games? AM I OVER-THINKING IT?!?!?!:eek:
Thanks in advance,
Norm

Shoot drills. Relax. Don't panic until you reach the table, and then PANIC!!!

Sorry, just kidding.

If you're nervous, that's okay. Perhaps tell some jokes to relax a bit, but whenever possible try to run on automatic. Before a future match you can read a book on pool or sports psychology such as Pleasures of Small Motions by Bob Fancher and get some additional ideas.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Norm Craig

Thanks in advance,
Norm

Hello.

1st up,welcome to the wonderful world of Snooker but nowadays you have to have your nickname and a Walk On Song and after some careful consideration I picked this one for you.You can of course pick your own song.see ya laterz.:wink::smile::eek::grin-square: