For anyone that thinks Bergman can’t play anymore

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try “The Players Club“ on FB
Thanks. Found it and they hadn't finalized the file and were running some scotch doubles on the same link. It's posted properly now though. I'll get around to it later. Thanks.

Incidentally, 'nuther thread says 19 pack.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Was this 21 break and runs or just 21 straight wins?

Edit:. Looks like 21 B&Rs from the video. There is an AZB thread with a discussion of the longest packs ever recorded. This might be the record for one caught on video.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Truly amazing feat but with the template rack the wing ball is wired makes it less impressive than what the guys did in the old days
Jmho
Icbw

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was this 21 break and runs or just 21 straight wins?

Edit:. Looks like 21 B&Rs from the video. There is an AZB thread with a discussion of the longest packs ever recorded. This might be the record for one caught on video.
They're saying there might be a miscount and/or a safety involved. They will post the final compilation on youtube.

To my way of thinking there were a couple of conceded 9 balls involved which breaks the strings. That said, totally enjoyable performance from Bergman. His out on the hill looked like he just walked in and started warming up. Amazing player.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They're saying there might be a miscount and/or a safety involved. They will post the final compilation on youtube.

To my way of thinking there were a couple of conceded 9 balls involved which breaks the strings. That said, totally enjoyable performance from Bergman. His out on the hill looked like he just walked in and started warming up. Amazing player.
Maybe he has a health issue and is very afraid of catching the virus. I say that because of the mask.

KUKABUKA

To my way of thinking there were a couple of conceded 9 balls involved which breaks the strings.

Interesting perspective. My first thoughts are "oh come on" but I suppose it does introduce risk to the run. What's he gonna do though, on his 2nd b&r he's gonna say "nah bro I'm shooting the 9 and going for a long b&r streak!"

So my final thoughts are also "oh come on"

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I like the players club alot, great venue , Brendan has probably the best stock of jbs ready to go at discount prices , and always stocked .

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting perspective. My first thoughts are "oh come on" but I suppose it does introduce risk to the run. What's he gonna do though, on his 2nd b&r he's gonna say "nah bro I'm shooting the 9 and going for a long b&r streak!"

So my final thoughts are also "oh come on"
Same thing with straight pool. Hair connected to the player touches a ball, run over. I for one defy concessions unless they grab the ball and start racking or I got a makeable but iffy one. :D Even then I'd be bothered about it; ruins the aesthetics of a runout nevermind a stack.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play here all the time and the owner is a good friend and fellow poster. The table is a standard, worn in, Diamond bar table. No gaff, not new cloth, no changes to the pocket angles. The run was 19 break and runs starting at 13-26 score. The run ended with Justin playing a safety on the 1 ball after the break.

The players were gambling with Justin spotting another good player 25 games going to 50 for at least $1k. This was not an exhibition. The players agreed to template rack with the 2 in the back. There was no pattern racking beyond the 2 at the rear. During the run, Justin banked a couple balls and made one long combo. His opponent conceded the nine ball at least twice during the run.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We know he can play but why is he playing with the little boys and not the big boys!
Answer that please.
Because none are coming to play him and he is not traveling. Pretty simple. Justin has said many times that anyone can come play him in the St Louis area and bet big. People used to deify Dave Matlock who never left the Midwest but would play anyone, and now people crap on Justin for not traveling. I would like to see him get back out, but the truth is that he makes more playing here than he would traveling to tournaments that pay $4k for fourth place and still have to pay for travel and rooms.

KUKABUKA

Same thing with straight pool. Hair connected to the player touches a ball, run over.
I mean if you agree to play all ball fouls then that's technically a foul, right? I don't think a foul is the same as someone conceding the last ball in the rack...entirely different situations I'd say so not really a comparison there.