For the Taom Chalk Users

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I put the chalk between my toes, and pretend I am starting a fire.
It never causes a problem, unless I get too involved, and start making primordial grunting noises, and slathering my tongue back and forth across my lips, in concentration.
Just don't burn the place down dude!!😂

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then you rarely play pool or don't know what a "skid" is..? Come on... you haven't had 5 skids in 20yrs..? That's like the old tradesmen saying they've never broken a tap....lol. More than just chalk brand can cause skids. Amazed you have such little exposure. I'm guessing there's some selective memory retention going on.

That said, I play with Taom not because of the "anti-skid" claim, or even how some think it slips into some other dimension rather than land your table during use. I bought it on a lark, and simply find it goes on really nicely. Oh and believe it or not, but I find those rare circumstances when I do miscue. Taom has made them not nearly as dramatic. Meaning that my CB direction still remains mostly on path and typically doesn't result in a foul.

I can't explain the whole miscue situation. Just been my personal experience with cueing poorly and the resulting CB action.
Interesting recent relevation: While the chalk that ‘grabs’ best may well be preferred for competition, I find that for practice sessions, chalk that allows more miscues promotes focus on better cuing mechanics. If thus forced to concentrate, better bridging will eventually become natural. In my case, constantly playing with grabby chalk leads to sloppy bridging. Frequent miscues reminds me to pay attention to form. The CB can be adequately drawn /directed with the worst chalk, if you focus.

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

15de301cf4b165465cb5e7b715c218fd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
Just F'n around in Fusion 360.......came up with the world's first Taom Fidget Spinner......Never leave your chalk behind because you are always fidgeting with it between innings

cspinner1.jpg
cspinner2.jpg

George the Greek

wow. 20 chalk and 26buck holders. i'm sticking with the free Masters at the hall. haven't seen 5 skids in 20 yrs. don't get the fascination with 'GreyPoupon' chalk.
I've got a few Masters and Triangle cubes in my case that are over 20 years old. I had put them in a sandwich bag and used a Master cube a couple weeks ago on 20+ year old tips on my cues that I did a little scuff on. The tips held the chalk and the chalk went on real easy. I'll use them till I run out of chalk.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got a piece of the new Pagulayan square version of V10. Still dropped it.

Tests are being conducted on whether square or round chalk will rest further away from the user once dropped on vinyl tile.
Who is doing the testing ... were any polls taken. Is the flooring being checked for level? If so was a Starret used.

bubolt14

Lovin Pool
I've got a few Masters and Triangle cubes in my case that are over 20 years old. I had put them in a sandwich bag and used a Master cube a couple weeks ago on 20+ year old tips on my cues that I did a little scuff on. The tips held the chalk and the chalk went on real easy. I'll use them till I run out of chalk.
20 year old tips huh, they must play great LOL

Ghost of OBC

Interesting recent relevation: While the chalk that ‘grabs’ best may well be preferred for competition, I find that for practice sessions, chalk that allows more miscues promotes focus on better cuing mechanics. If thus forced to concentrate, better bridging will eventually become natural. In my case, constantly playing with grabby chalk leads to sloppy bridging. Frequent miscues reminds me to pay attention to form. The CB can be adequately drawn /directed with the worst chalk, if you focus.
I don't stop there, I use lithium grease on my practice cue to enforce focus on good fundamentals. I play on a solid steel table without pockets to build accuracy and use ball bearings instead of pool balls. When I get on the local 4" Diamonds with regular sized balls it's like throwing stones in the ocean.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
That's why I use a hard tip. Well, that and I prefer it. I went without miscuing for about 6 months, then miscued 3 times in one night. But it was all on me, my back was screwed and I was raising up on shots, basically clenching from pain. I took 2 days off and focused on stretching well in those 2 days and the miscuing and popping up went away. That was 2 weeks ago and none since. Hopefully I can break my old record 🤣

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't stop there, I use lithium grease on my practice cue to enforce focus on good fundamentals. I play on a solid steel table without pockets to build accuracy and use ball bearings instead of pool balls. When I get on the local 4" Diamonds with regular sized balls it's like throwing stones in the ocean.
You were a day early (April fool).

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got my chalk today and it is a winner. It is the same price as V10 and it is the shape that chalk was meant to be.
Gosh, whomever came up with the notion that circular chalk was a better design than square never played much pool.

It came in a nice box and the shape feels natural, more normal in your hand and easier to swipe your chalk on the tip.
However, let me clear that all chalks do the same thing but all chalks are also different in terms of cleanliness & messy.

Taom chalk is the best by far and you can buy one cube and it should last a very long time. I love Taom chalk for its
cleanliness but hate the friggin’ round shape. Well, Pagulayan chalk is Taom chalk but in a square shape….. Alleluia!

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0170.jpeg
    IMG_0170.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0164.jpeg
    IMG_0164.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg