Found a new way to practice with a weaker player if you are mad at your money.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Give them a higher spot that they should have to try to force me to play at my best to keep up. So far I'm down $20 LOL
Going to have to see which will come first, forcing my game into becoming more consistent to prevent simple errors with a tough match or my annoyance and unwillingness to keep losing $ LOL

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Give them a higher spot that they should have to try to force me to play at my best to keep up. So far I'm down $20 LOL
Gong to have to see which will come first, forcing my game into becoming more consistent to prevent simple errors with a tough match or my annoyance and unwillingness to keep losing $ LOL
i can pm you my paypal and you can just send the money to me. 😂
i will also give you the phone number to a psychiatrist so you can start therapy.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
anything to help a fellow AZB member.....;)

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Going to have to see which will come first, forcing my game into becoming more consistent to prevent simple errors with a tough match or my annoyance and unwillingness to keep losing $ LOL
Interesting thought... but in reverse I like to play an extremely higher lever player so I can see how off I am in terms of losing the cue, locking them up and the need to work on getting out when the opportunity is there.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had a friend who was from upstate New York -- Rochester. When he was in high school, he played Irving Crane straight pool getting 100-1. If he got to 1, he won the game. I suspect Crane got him to scratch a lot. On Crane's side, he was practicing never giving the other guy any shot at all. My friend was capable of running a rack but was more likely to run three or four.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you have invented is essentially a Ghost-game where you have to pay real money when you lose to the ghost.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing with weak players has one big drawback in the safety play department. Constantly locking up a weak player who is almost always vulnerable to strong safety play and almost always unknowledgeable about playing a strong safety themselves becomes a game that most weak players tire of very easily.

I find that it is damaging to a stronger player's game to either begin to overlook strong safety play just to keep the weaker player from losing complete interest or for the stronger player abandon smart play by getting too comfortable with someone who cannot run out.

The game against strong players who can run out or lock up is where you want to be if you are fairly strong yourself --- otherwise you are just giving free pool lessons. Just my opinion. Of course, for a limited time- any pool is better than none at all.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like what you’re doing.
I used to do it at snooker to get in road shape….I’ve had 7 centuries where I’ve lost the game…but it was worth it.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing with weak players has one big drawback in the safety play department. Constantly locking up a weak player who is almost always vulnerable to strong safety play and almost always unknowledgeable about playing a strong safety themselves becomes a game that most weak players tire of very easily.

I find that it is damaging to a stronger player's game to either begin to overlook strong safety play just to keep the weaker player from losing complete interest or for the stronger player abandon smart play by getting too comfortable with someone who cannot run out.

The game against strong players who can run out or lock up is where you want to be if you are fairly strong yourself --- otherwise you are just giving free pool lessons. Just my opinion. Of course, for a limited time- any pool is better than none at all.

Equally, it doesn't take a particularly strong safety to "lock up" a weaker player.

It can lead to getting lazy when playing against stronger players who can kick effectively and/or jump well.

All of a sudden, simply putting a ball between the cue ball and the next object ball isn't much of a safety…