Four cues FS--good players, good bargains

brechbt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Want to sell these four nice cues that are just not getting enough play.

1) Pat Diveney butterfly SP. Nice bocote with butterfly of blue, green, natural, red, and a lacewood cap. Very slight roll; I think most people would call it straight. One very small ding in handle area; no other dings, scratches, or scuffs. Around 98% condition. $300.

2) Ron Kilby wood pin pool cue. Ron is mostly known for carom cues, but also makes pool cues. His cues are different from other makers in his philosophy about wood pins, balance point, and joint thickness. Here is a link to his website describing his design concepts. This cue has a very pretty Kingwood handle, curly maple forearm, and a butt sleeve that looks like stained maple burl. Two shafts with this cue, one 29" and one 28". Small hard-to-find ding in handle, no other blemishes. Both shafts have hardly noticeable roll. $300 with two shafts.

3) Ron Betts four pointer. Ron is a small volume cue maker out of Illinois. Here is his website; the cue I'm selling is featured in his Cue Gallery. Cue is Redheart and Curly Maple, with 4 Redheart points and 4 veneers of natural, black, natural, black. Points are not even; about 1/4" difference between high and low. Slight roll, but a very nice playing cue with a sweet hit. Included with this cue will be custom Redheart JP's as pictured on the website. SOLD

4) Clint Putman PJ. Very nice Curly Maple handle flanked by dark rosewood forearm and butt sleeve. Nice rings at A, B, and E. This cue has a modified European taper that gives it a pretty stiff hit. Shaft has a slight roll; when joined, the roll is more pronounced, but IMO these flaws are not noticeable in play. Very pretty woods and excellent condition; one ding in handle. Priced accordingly at SOLD.

Prices include shipping in CONUS, and I will eat the Paypal fees. I will offer a 3-day return guarantee on any of these cues--refund will have outbound shipping costs deducted. These cues are all attractive, in excellent condition, and with no hidden issues other than what's described. These are good players and one of a kind handmade cues. PM with questions; additional pics provided on request. Thanks.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,071
  • IMG_0629 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0629 (Large).JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,086
  • IMG_0626 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0626 (Large).JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,084
  • IMG_0627 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0627 (Large).JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,081
  • IMG_0630 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0630 (Large).JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,085
Last edited:

brechbt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 4 pointer, is the roll in the shaft, or the butt/handle/forearm? Thanks
When I roll the shaft by itself, I see a slight roll about the thickness of a business card. I have to put my face down on the table to see it. The tip doesn't leave the table. The butt by itself doesn't show any roll at all. When the shaft and butt are joined, the shaft's roll is magnified to about two business cards' thickness. The joint pin doesn't wobble when the butt is rolled alone; I don't think the pin is off center. I believe that the end grain on the joint facings has moved a bit, causing the facings to not be perfectly square. The tip doesn't leave the table when the joined cue is rolled.

I will be glad to email a video of any of these cues being rolled, to any interested parties.

adam the dragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97%
32   1   0
the four pointer

? where did you get the four pointer because that looks like the one i bought from Ron Betts on ebay about a year or two ago for a good price but when i got it it did what you are saying about it. So i returned it and he gave me some hard time saying his cues don't do that but any way it did have a sweet hit to hit. I'm just saying my 2 cents. but still a nice looking cue. take care.

brechbt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Well it's not perfect as I said, but its flaws are minor and it plays really well. $200 for a four-point four veneer cue isn't something you see every day.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have to commend you for putting the balance point in your advertisement. Well done.