Francis L.Roberts . Aka .St.louie Louie

img.jpg

The legend St.louie Louie .The best pool stroke pool player ever my dad seen him play he never lost .he passed Dec 22,1991 .only good positive stories let's all remember st.louie Louie peace

Last edited:
I saw Louie play Mike Sigel at The Jointed Cue in Sacramento. Between them they missed one shot the whole match -- Sigel missed one ball. It went hill-hill in a race to 11 and Louie broke in the 9.
Thanks great story about the legend best natural pool player of his time

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Thanks great story about the legend best natural pool player of his time
Fortunate enuf to have known the man. I frequented the halls he played in when he lived around here. St. Louis, of course. Sports center, cue and cushion, etc...
As a kid, Louie taught me many things. About life and pool. The diff between a shotmaker and tournament player being one of them. An absolute Character in the best sense of the word. Could always count on a show or some kind of shenanigans when Louie walked in.
Lucky enuf to accompany him to several tournaments and those trips were - Let's just say - Memorable!!
Thank you my friend, for everything. R I P.

Great story thanks
Fortunate enuf to have known the man. I frequented the halls he played in when he lived around here. St. Louis, of course. Sports center, cue and cushion, etc...
As a kid, Louie taught me many things. About life and pool. The diff between a shotmaker and tournament player being one of them. An absolute Character in the best sense of the word. Could always count on a show or some kind of shenanigans when Louie walked in.
Lucky enuf to accompany him to several tournaments and those trips were - Let's just say - Memorable!!
Thank you my friend, for everything. R I P.
Thanks great story he was always looking for the one more big gamble

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Great story thanks

Thanks great story he was always looking for the one more big gamble
Yes. He was. If you tried to quit him, he'd give you the nuts, just to keep the match going.
Some guys would take advantage.
I've seen him play over 36 hours!!! Incredible stamina. A shotmaker in every sense of the word!! Instilled in me the thought that if I look deep enuf into a shot, I'll put it in the hole. There's nowhere safe on the table. Speaks volumes about his confidence and natch ability.
We dearly loved him Roun' Hea!! Lol.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Yes. He was. If you tried to quit him, he'd give you the nuts, just to keep the match going.
Some guys would take advantage.
I've seen him play over 36 hours!!! Incredible stamina. A shotmaker in every sense of the word!! Instilled in me the thought that if I look deep enuf into a shot, I'll put it in the hole. There's nowhere safe on the table. Speaks volumes about his confidence and natch ability.
We dearly loved him Roun' Hea!! Lol.
You need to talk to Larry if your interested in more Louie stuff.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I saw Louie play Mike Sigel at The Jointed Cue in Sacramento. Between them they missed one shot the whole match -- Sigel missed one ball. It went hill-hill in a race to 11 and Louie broke in the 9.
It just don't get better than that Bob!!👍🏻

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Best natural 'Shotmaker' of his era.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Louie and it was a pleasure to watch him play. But to say he was the greatest or the best does a disservice to those other players out there who are a half a percentage point between each other in greatness Factor!!

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Don't get me wrong, I loved Louie and it was a pleasure to watch him play. But to say he was the greatest or the best does a disservice to those other players out there who are a half a percentage point between each other in greatness Factor!!
Apologies to those of you who knew and or played with Louie, you'll already know all of the following...
In one year alone, I bought Louie's cue 3x times!! Little did I know it then, but he'd sold it to another guy besides me at the hall that night to get up a fresh stake!! 🤣
He loved to play so much, he'd give away the nuts just to keep the game going.
All you had to do was feint a quit and the spot would increase.
That didn't matter if he was in dead stroke, but if he wasn't, it got old fast.
A natch character. You couldn't not like him!!
Chicks adored him. Athletic too. He could jump on a GC from a standing position and miss the rails, landing right on the slate top. Free standing jump over 3 feet!! More than 36 " vertical leap!! Then walk around the damned thing on his hands!!
How can you not like a guy who lived and loved life as much as Louie did??
I'd have to remind myself to breathe some nights - watching the shots he made.
Incredible.
I didn't understand until later why he liked that Meucci so much - with that long bridge 9 ball stroke he had.
It had an auto pilot feature. 🤣🤣

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member

My friend Mensabum there was a very memorable member also from St. Louis (I believe) who posted some very interesting stories. His AZ account was OldHasBeen, the gentleman's name Tom Ferry. Sadly he too has passed decades back, the announcement here in this post :

If you do a search on "By:" "OldHasBeen" (nothing in the search box) you will get 10 pages of his posts. Sounds like you would know (at least some) of his escapades.

Take care and enjoy every day.

Dave

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
My friend Mensabum there was a very memorable member also from St. Louis (I believe) who posted some very interesting stories. His AZ account was OldHasBeen, the gentleman's name Tom Ferry. Sadly he too has passed decades back, the announcement here in this post :

If you do a search on "By:" "OldHasBeen" (nothing in the search box) you will get 10 pages of his posts. Sounds like you would know (at least some) of his escapades.

Take care and enjoy every day.

Dave
Tom was a good friend. His exploits are noteworthy. Lol.
Cue and Cushion still has the chair with his butt impression in it!!🤣🤣 RIP Hustler!!👍🏻

Reactions: bbb

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Tom was a good friend. His exploits are noteworthy. Lol.
Cue and Cushion still has the chair with his butt impression in it!!🤣🤣 RIP Hustler!!👍🏻
My apologies on asking about the flyer. My original thoughts were somebody was hawking Hypnosis to players as a focus tool. Lol.
Don't ask me how I got there. 🤷‍♂️
Anyhoo, you're showing a documentary about Louie in that little independent station out of Ofallon, correct??
I'll see if I can drum up some more interest for ya!!👍🏻

Joey27

Registered
My apologies on asking about the flyer. My original thoughts were somebody was hawking Hypnosis to players as a focus tool. Lol.
Don't ask me how I got there. 🤷‍♂️
Anyhoo, you're showing a documentary about Louie in that little independent station out of Ofallon, correct??
I'll see if I can drum up some more interest for ya!!👍🏻
No problem at all. We want people to ask about the flyer. So, this is NOT a documentary. This is a movie trailer for a feature film project about Louie's life. The flyer is an advertisement for an audition and screen reading for the trailer that we will be filming later in the month. We are planning to put the trailer into film festivals and showcase it to potential filmmakers and investors.

I post about Louie all the time. I was also on a Podcast with Louie's sister a few weeks ago ->

If you have any other questions feel free or you can also find me on Social Media - Facebook as Joey Evola.