FRANK PARADISE DIAMOND KING

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Unrestored rare 5 veneer Diamond king. Cue is in the bluebook of cues. Excellent condition. 6000.00

Attachments

• paradise 010.jpg
    paradise 010.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 1,792
  • paradise 012.jpg
    paradise 012.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 1,798
  • paradise 013.jpg
    paradise 013.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 1,795
Last edited:

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hey Eric I need to drive over from the desert to see the new crib and play a little 9 ball. I just need you to spot me the 6

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Unrestored makes this Paradise cue a collector's dream in this condition. Although it won't be me this time, It would be real nice to see someone step up on this cue and help keep alive that golden 1960s /early 70s pool era.

We are losing a lot of guys from age late 60s to 80s who grew up seeing these cues in their local rooms and who enjoyed the pool renaissance started by Newman/Gleason and company in 1961. I remember it so nostalgically, especially having older brothers who helped usher me into this great game in my pre teen years back in the early 60s.

Perhaps some young folks with a bit of cash can help show the way here, let us older guys know that the glory days of the past will stay alive and that cues like this will be valued and desired for all that they represent in terms of the early great pioneer cue makers and the pool playing legends who wielded these cues with such great skill.(y)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unrestored makes this Paradise cue a collector's dream in this condition. Although it won't be me this time, It would be real nice to see someone step up on this cue and help keep alive that golden 1960s /early 70s pool era.

We are losing a lot of guys from age late 60s to 80s who grew up seeing these cues in their local rooms and who enjoyed the pool renaissance started by Newman/Gleason and company in 1961. I remember it so nostalgically, especially having older brothers who helped usher me into this great game in my pre teen years back in the early 60s.

Perhaps some young folks with a bit of cash can help show the way here, let us older guys know that the glory days of the past will stay alive and that cues like this will be valued and desired for all that they represent in terms of the early great pioneer cue makers and the pool playing legends who wielded these cues with such great skill.(y)
You're dreaming.

Having said that, I am with you 100% and would love to see the old cues hold their values, but it ain't gonna happen.

People that are invested in old cars are facing the same thing.

Good news is that people are living longer and longer these days. That means people who bought all the collection cues, cars etc... still have "some" hope to recoup their money or maybe even make some profit.

We use to could say "time will tell", but now all we can say is, "out with the old and in with the new".

It sucks.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’s one hell of a cue
Been a while since I've held such a cue in my hands.

Mikemosconi is right about the cue being more special specifically due to it being unrestored.

It may or may not be a smart investment, but DAMN the money..... like you said, "that's one hell of a cue".

My wife would kill me...