Frey fancy sneaky

mickb94

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am trying to find out the going rate for a fancy frey sneaky pete. it has two shafts, leather wrap, double inlays at each point, an inlay in each point near wrap, and 4 inlays in butt. freshly refinished by bob.

I am just curious as to the value of this cue. I paid 1200 for it from bob back in 2007.

Thanks guys

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Fancy sneaky pete? :confused:

....drops his plastic silverware...:help::thud:

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'll be better selling it local then on AZ if you try to get most of your money back

LSU1018

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It really depends on your area. I find the cue market is extremely low all over. Not sure what something like that goes for but I've bought a couple of his regular sneakies for $300 area.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regardless of whether any cue like this could be classified as "sneaky"....are you sure it's from a sneaky blank? Sounds awfully fancy and expensive for a cue from a sneaky (no veneers, full splice) blank.

mickb94

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely a sneaky with a ton of extras. You guys are right, not exactly "sneaky". I will put up some pics after I get it back from bob. (It's done being refinished)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely a sneaky with a ton of extras. You guys are right, not exactly "sneaky". I will put up some pics after I get it back from bob. (It's done being refinished)

A "sneaky" with a wrap and inlays is a full splice regular cue if that is how it was made.

A sneaky pete cue has no inlays and no wrap.

A "fancy sneaky" may have a few rings, maybe a veneer.

Once you add inlays and wrap it's a whole other animal.

mickb94

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A "sneaky" with a wrap and inlays is a full splice regular cue if that is how it was made.

A sneaky pete cue has no inlays and no wrap.

A "fancy sneaky" may have a few rings, maybe a veneer.

Once you add inlays and wrap it's a whole other animal.

Awesome...so if I ever were to post it for sale, it would be a "full splice". Got it. Thanks guys.

markdrums1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so where does my Scruggs fall? Sneaky with a wrap? 20150324_115843.jpg

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Ok so where does my Scruggs fall? Sneaky with a wrap?View attachment 383670

To me, they aren't sneaky's with a wrap on them, in the case of your cue I've never figured out what to call them. They are a full splice, mostly house cue conversion. To me it is just a house cue conversion.

Sneaky's to me, by definition, are going to look closer to house cues. That is the whole point.

Anymore, people call low end sneaky's full splice cues, and try to make a killing on them by saying full splice. I'll give you that someone making their own splice has more money in the cue, but a vast majority are valley, dufferin, schmekle blanks.

markdrums1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me, that ain't no sneaky....it's a plain Jane.
I bet it hits fantastic....I like Tim Scruggs...'cause he laughs at my jokes...:embarrassed2:

I had a girl friend that looked like that....we parted in mutual disgust.

That Scruggs is the best hitting,best playing cue i've ever owned....I agree with plain jane...not very sneaky:D