FS 2007 It's George cue

cswann1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
SOLD 2007 It's George cue

I bought this cue on 6-11-2007 strictly as an investment and I've decided that the stock market is looking better for me as I'm not really a collector.

I don't have a scale but I believe it to be 19.25-9.5 oz. It features a cocobolo forearm and butt, with 4 cocobolo points outlined in green, orange, red and black veneers in that order. In the points and repeated in the butt are some very sharp ivory inlays. The wrap is black with green spec IL, and it has double nickel rings at A, B, C, D & E. The two 13mm shafts have ivory ferules with Moori tips. It has a 5 1/16 x 14 stainless joint with brass inserts on the shafts. The number 001 is engraved (stamped) on the joint collar. It rolls flat with both shafts.
I have kept it in a case in my smoke free home for as long as I've owned it and test-hit it at my neighbors house once. The hit is very Schon-like but I think it's a shade softer but that may be due to the cocobolo (my Schons are BEM) and new tips. In any case, this would be a fine player I think.

I bought this cue from Mike Gulyassy and I have a CoA with his name and phone number on it. I actually have a theory about this cues origin but don't want to speculate publicly. I will discuss with any potential buyers.

I'm willing to take a small loss but no offers under sold will be considered. I'm not desperate to sell and I will be glad to own and appreciate this fine work of American cue art for a while longer.

I realize I have no reputation here as a buyer or seller and I will work with anyone who wishes to use an intermediary.
DSC_2256.JPG

DSC_2258.JPG

DSC_2259.JPG

DSC_2264.JPG

DSC_2265.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
It's George Cue

Terrific looking It's George cue
Seems like a great deal, I really like this cue

Good luck with your sale

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
That is one finely made cue sir. What kind of tip pad is that? It looks like it might be canvas phenolic or even a piece of Coco.

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Good looking It's George! I remember when this cue was on fleabay a while back, maybe a year or two ago. I'm curious what the differences between this cue and the original It's George's are. Either way, I'm sure this one plays well with the 2 fellas behind it. Great color and contrast there!

cswann1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for he kind words everyone!

That is one finely made cue sir. What kind of tip pad is that? It looks like it might be canvas phenolic or even a piece of Coco.

Not really sure but under close inspection, it looks like a linen-phenolic pad.

Good looking It's George! I remember when this cue was on fleabay a while back, maybe a year or two ago. I'm curious what the differences between this cue and the original It's George's are. Either way, I'm sure this one plays well with the 2 fellas behind it. Great color and contrast there!

Yeah, eBay canceled my auction for violation of there policy on items that contain ivory, and then made me pay the listing fees. I swear you'd think I was trying to sell a 9 year old Indonesian girl or something. Too bad ivory inlaid cues don't come with copies of paperwork proving that the ivory was acquired legally.