FS: jump cue and shafts

socks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
$old - Predator Air Jump Cue

$130 - Kevin Varney Shaft - 5/16x14 piloted black collar, 1/2" juma ferrule, everest tip.

$75 - Dave Albrecht Shaft - 3/8x10 flat black collar, 1" ABS ferrule, Sniper Tip - finish bubbled (lifted) around seam, doesnt affect play. will fit acme or modified 3/8x10 pin

prices are firm, they include shipping to the lower 48 CONUS and no extra paypal fees

Last edited:

socks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i have an albrecht with a g-10 3/8x10 pin!! will that shaft fit?? I dont know what you mean by "modified"?

yes it will fit.

as seen in the picture here:
http://www.cuestik.com/images/upload/items/full/cd_pin.jpg

a standard acme 3/8x10 pin, shown on the left, has a v-grove and is typicaly used by mcdermott.

a modified 3/8x10 pin, shown on the right, has a flat bottom with a .308" minor and sometimes wont screw into a shaft tapped for a standard 3/8x10 due to the larger minor diameter.

socks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
im interested in the albrecht, just post some pics so i can see what i might be buying!!thanks

albrecht shaft pics

perfectly strait, very light play. the finish lift i believe is caused due to the original pin in the cue was g-10 and it had a buzz so he replaced it out with an aluminum pin which had a slightly tighter fit. i think this caused the pin to push out on the wood more than the phonelic joint sleeve as its a softer material, but that is just a guess.

alb1.jpg

alb2.jpg

alb3.jpg

alb4.jpg

alb5.jpg

Last edited:

socks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
price drop bump. lowest i can go without eating my shirt.

$120 for the varney
$70 for the albrecht

socks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What's the taper on the varney like? is it a brass or aluminum insert?

brass insert. its about 12.75mm at the tip, modified pro taper. not overly stiff not overly whippy. i lost the pm of his comparison, but i would equate it similar feeling to a joss shaft i guess.