FS: KEITH ANDY CUSTOM CUE !!!! Owned by a champion...

HOB Weert

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You are correct! I will not eat sushi from Japan! However, I will be eating sushi this Saturday at Amura Japanese Restaurant in Orlando, FL. USA.

BTW, I never said the cue was crap. I'm saying IMHO (in America we are free to express our opinions) the cue is not worth $2900 just because it was used by a "champion". If that were the case, I should get a ton of money for a Lucasi...used by a champion. Unfortunately, a Lucasi is still a Lucasi regardless of who once owned it. Likewise, a Keith Andy is still a Keith Andy. It is NOT a Keith Josey NOR a Andy Gilbert! j/s

So you think just because the cue was used by a "champion" i throw in an extra $1000 in the selling price!!
His cues are just expensive, i believed this one was $3500 new, now it is for sale for $2500 because it is in 99% condition.
I think that is a fair price.
It is not a Lucasi, sorry, i also cannot help it that you don't like Keith nor Andy or Keith Andy, and i cannot help it that the cue was not build in the USA, sorry.
Just trying to sell a cue here, if you don't like it, or you don't want to buy it, move on.
But it would be the best cue you owned in the 53 years you played... :grin-square:

MH
HOB Weert

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm sorry, but please forgive me if I chuckle at the price of this import...

Poor form, and generally frowned upon to make comments about pricing in a seller's FS thread. Most folks around here tend respect each other with regards to For Sale threads, and their content. It is generally suggested that if you wish to discuss pricing and such, that you start another thread of your own, instead of polluting a respected member's FS thread.

But I guess that's why you got all those red squares upstairs.

Lisa

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Poor form, and generally frowned upon to make comments about pricing in a seller's FS thread. Most folks around here tend respect each other with regards to For Sale threads, and their content. It is generally suggested that if you wish to discuss pricing and such, that you start another thread of your own, instead of polluting a respected member's FS thread.

Lisa

Curious as to that myself Lisa .....

This is a pretty cue.

CBarnhart

Registered
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Meaning behind the name KeithAndy

The maker of KeithAndy cues is Jun Shumitsu. He started out as a cue dealer in Japan during the latest boom there. He and Lucky both claimed to be the largest cue dealers in Jp which is possible because both specialized in different areas. Jun traveled all over Jp and sold higher end players type cues to and at pool halls and Lucky sold very high end collector cues in his retail stores.
The name of Jun's business was Shimishigi. This is relevant because when I asked him about it he said Shimishigi was his fathers family name and he used it to show respect to him.
When he decided to make cues at a later date he said he picked the name keithandy for his cues to honor Andy Gilbert and Keith Josey because he felt they had been the reason for his success as a dealer.
Jun told me that neither taught him how to build cues.
Jun was also the one that was arrested for ivory smuggling in Japan a couple of years ago. The true story behind that is it was a very small amount from Atlas Billiard Supplies.This cost him a huge amount of $ and nearly shut him down.
His cues are very high quality compared to anyone's. They are considered high end and do very well in other markets.

Cory

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
guess i messed up. someone told me that and i believed them. f--k you both.

Um...Okay. Listen, I wasn't busting you for your post...Lord knows I have stepped in it myself in the past by going on 2nd or 3rd party info that was just flat out wrong...I am guessing that many, if not most, of us have at one time or another. Kinda like that game from grade school...where the story is started at one end of the line and by the time it got to the end is was generally all fubar'd...LoL.

Actually, in a round about way...you likely did KeithAndy Cues, Keith Josey and Andy Gilbert all a big favor by making your post...as there was obviously a misunderstanding out there. Your post actually allowed for that misunderstanding to be addressed, and the true and correct info to get out there. Now there are no more questions regarding the topic...they have been answered.

Lisa

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0

Lisa
:
Ok...so maybe this is NOT America and people do NOT have the right to express their opinions! Let's see who is dumb enough to buy this cue for $2500...put your money where your mouth is!:eek:

BTW...I don't remember YOU criticizing all the idiots here that gave Balabuska Lady a hard time for trying to sell one of her deceased husbands cues! http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=158761 but I guess ya'll have your double, triple, and quadruple standards here!

Last edited:

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
:
Ok...so maybe this is NOT America and people do NOT have the right to express their opinions! Let's see who is dumb enough to buy this cue for $2500...put your money where your mouth is!:eek:

BTW...I don't remember YOU criticizing all the idiots here that gave Balabuska Lady a hard time for trying to sell one of her deceased husbands cues! http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=158761 but I guess ya'll have your double, triple, and quadruple standards here!

Or...it could simply be that I did not see the above mentioned thread. I cannot, nor care to, read every single thread posted at AZB. In fact, because I have to go out and earn every penny I spend on my 'toys'...I do not get on as much as perhaps I'd like to. But then again, given it's recent climate change, perhaps that is actually a good thing. :eek:

Lisa

sneak_peter

"the tulip way of life"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
i really don't understand people like 8ball. knowing nothing about a thing, saying it's not worth the money...

if you want to buy only american, feel free to do it!

you don`t have to pollute this thread, even if this is a free country with free speech. there are some rules here and one is: silent or buy!

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Or...it could simply be that I did not see the above mentioned thread. I cannot, nor care to, read every single thread posted at AZB. In fact, because I have to go out and earn every penny I spend on my 'toys'...I do not get on as much as perhaps I'd like to. But then again, given it's recent climate change, perhaps that is actually a good thing. :eek:

Lisa

Now there's something I can easily agree with!:frown:

As for commenting on a for sale thread...the fact is, if it is ok for folks to make positive comments such as "great buy" or "what a steal"; then it SHOULD be just as appropriate for negative comments when a cue is being misrepresented or overpriced. There are people who actually come to this forum who are NOT experts and woud appreciate the input from experienced members.:cool:

sneak_peter

"the tulip way of life"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Now there's something I can easily agree with!:frown:

As for commenting on a for sale thread...the fact is, if it is ok for folks to make positive comments such as "great buy" or "what a steal"; then it SHOULD be just as appropriate for negative comments when a cue is being misrepresented or overpriced. There are people who actually come to this forum who are NOT experts and woud appreciate the input from experienced members.:cool:

yes sure, and you are the "experienced keith andy cue expert"?!
:banghead:

itsjustagame

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cue looks nice. but I think that the price is way too high. I think Keith Josey would charge a customer 1500 for a cue that looks similar. Andy Gilbert maybe a few bucks more. So for 2500 you will get a Josey AND a Gilbert instead of ONE KeithAndy.

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I used to do business with Jun Shimizu of "Shimeshige," and have always considered him to be one of the good guys. This guy started out as basically a door to door cue salesman, and eventually went into putting together a cue making operation. Jun has always prided himself in discovering new and unknown talented cue makers from the US, and bringing their cues to Japan to compete with the already well known (and extremely overpriced in Japan) Ginas, SWs, Cogs, Benders, BBs, and others. As far as I'm concerned, for the Asian market, he is solely responsible for the sucess of makers like Josey, Gilbert, Tonkin, and Barnhart. I would be willing to bet that any of these makers are deeply gratefull and respectfull of what Jun has done for their products in Asia. Jun was so impressed with first Josey cues, and later Gilberts cues, that when he set out to build his own cues, it was his goal to emulate the quality and playability of both. As he had business relations with both makers, I'm sure that much of what Jun has learned about making cues came from these two makers. So, although it can be debated as to wether or not Jun and his crew have personally 'trained' with either of the two, I can assure you that whatever Jun knows about the building process, wether taught or simply absorbed, has come primarily from the two makers.
Price and quality. I would rank a KeithAndy cue up there with any of the top makers for quality and playability. However, it has always been my argument that Juns prices are way too high to ever expect to market his cues anywhere other than in Japan. His PJs sell in Japan for around $1,500, so although I think his cues are made as well as, and play as well as............say a Harris PJ, why buy a KeithAndy when you can get a Harris for a better price? And I've made my opinions open to Jun in the past.
So yes, with KeithAndy, you'll get a very fine cue that plays comparibly to any of the better cues out there, however, they are priced for the Japanese market. You can get a KeithAndy for $3,000 or buy a SW for $5,000 over there. Whereas over here in the states, you can buy both a KeithAndy or a SW for about the same price. You get playability and quality with either cue, but for the same price, by going with SW, you get a well known name that will result in a better investment in the long run.
dave

2v12

Task Force 116
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Rocket Man

I guess you won't be eating sushi that's from Japan too.
Because it is from Japan it does not mean it is crap!
This is a highly executed cue!
A pool champion won titles with it, so i guess it is no firewood.

MH
HOB Weert

I own two Keith Andy cues and they are what they are: two solid hitting, well executed players. The quality of the work is excellent but they are hardly what I would call fancy. Rodney Morris used them to win the 2008 World Cup of Pool as well as the 2008 Quezon City Invasion (a team event). I like the hit but since I am an old-school player they are too stiff for me. They are not for sale.

donnie hale

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
False quote

KeithAndy cues are built by a maker that was taught by Keith Josey and Andy Gilbert. It is my understanding that the cues are quite well made.

HANGING OUT AT ANDY'S SHOP IS NOT A FORM OF TEACHING SOME PEOPLE SHOULD KEEP THERE MOUTH SHUT IF THEY DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! :kma: