fun 9-ball layout to try

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice one. looked like my outs, except I never even thought to get that shape on the five!
That's the path I saw when first studying the picture you put in the first post. I didn't think playing the 4 in the side was as good an option because it has a small margin for where the CB can be and still get on the 5.

Incidentally, a year or two ago, I was doing a few layouts repeatedly, for weeks, marked with the laser projector system. Almost the exact same shot from the 4 to the 5 (the way I played it) was one of the shots from that set. When I saw the layout of this table in person standing at the table today, I immediately recalled the shot from 2 years ago. Its touchy because you have to draw it enough to not scratch, but not hit it so hard it bounces off the rail too much, and it needs a lot of spin to get around the 8.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the path I saw when first studying the picture you put in the first post. I didn't think playing the 4 in the side was as good an option because it has a small margin for where the CB can be and still get on the 5.

Incidentally, a year or two ago, I was doing a few layouts repeatedly, for weeks, marked with the laser projector system. Almost the exact same shot from the 4 to the 5 (the way I played it) was one of the shots from that set. When I saw the layout of this table in person standing at the table today, I immediately recalled the shot from 2 years ago. Its touchy because you have to draw it enough to not scratch, but not hit it so hard it bounces off the rail too much, and it needs a lot of spin to get around the 8.

it's cool when positions/shots come up in a game that you've seen in practice
this is the shape I got on the four most often, I hit it with left and end up parallel to the five, three rails around for the six

Attachments

• 9ball.png
    9ball.png
    425.2 KB · Views: 42

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's cool when positions/shots come up in a game that you've seen in practice
this is the shape I got on the four most often, I hit it with left and end up parallel to the five, three rails around for the six
Did you have the 4 as in this picture, or the first picture? The way its laying in the first picture I don't think you can get to the long rail on that side of the side pocket. But in this picture you can.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you have the 4 as in this picture, or the first picture? The way its laying in the first picture I don't think you can get to the long rail on that side of the side pocket. But in this picture you can.

shoot, it looks like the position of the four has morphed slightly/a lot from the first time I tried the layout..
explains both why some folks put it in the side, and also why you saw the path around the eight for the five
anyway, now you could try it my way, and see if anything changes😋

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shoot, it looks like the position of the four has morphed slightly/a lot from the first time I tried the layout..
explains both why some folks put it in the side, and also why you saw the path around the eight for the five
anyway, now you could try it my way, and see if anything changes😋
Or you try it mine:)

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
there is a half a diamond of rail to use without scratching