G10 pin *standard* 3/8-10 "V" groove thread

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just had an odd conversation in which a billiard supply place tried to tell me that I *did not have* a 3/8-10 standard "V" groove thread made out of G10. The weird part is that not only am I looking right at it, but I bought it from them.

So...my question is: where would a person purchase a replacement pin? Believe it or not, the threads on my pin crumbled apart. I need one ASAP.

They sent me an incorrect 3/8-10 pin with the flat minor diameter (.308")...the one that looks like a Southwest pin.

I do *NOT* want to modify all my shafts to fit this pin, and likewise believe that trying to die this one out might not work well either.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT
 
Have you tried running your new pin into one of your shafts?
The flat minor diameter of .308" should allow it to go right in if you used the normal size drills when making your other shafts. If you thread milled into a smaller hole then you would have to modify them to make them work.
I have not seen the full depth threads on G-10 myself either in many years.
I suspect they caused problems so everyone who makes them went to the flat bottom thread.
 
Back
Top