geisha girl casejust started

tattoosbyjay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just starting this one , here is a geisha girl i drew up and decided to use it fora case it will be a 1x2 envelope style case with a lid, it will be fully tooled then painted, for those of you who dont know mei am a full time tattoo artist i own my own studio here in new jersey, my tattoo work and artwork have been published in many many tattoo magazines as well as books, here in the u.s germany japan and holland, i draw my own artwork mainly doing the traditinal japanese themed style of work cause thats what i love to do , i also tattoo leather i have a tattooed case in the works but i will not post pics untill its all finished, i have two cases on here for sale , the tiger case was for a az member but i couldnt get it finished in a reasonable amount of time due to work getting married etc.. lifein general , so thats why the two cases i have on here are for sale, so to my point people have been asking why i dont take orders , basically i just have to much going on to commit to any time frame which is why i just build cases when i have time and when they are done they go up for sale, my cases are very limited maybe 5-10 a year ok well i hope everyone enjoys the pics i post , even though they really need to be seen in person to appriciate , pics never seem to do them any justis

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 956
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 873
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 895
Last edited:

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
That looks like the makings of a magnificent case.

I have a modest collection of late 19th century Ukyo-e. These old wood-block originals are quite valuable and truly a sight to behold. The jewel of the collection is a Hiroshige (signature pictured). If you want to discuss trading some Japanese art for some Japanese theme cue cases I might be interested.

In any event, thank you for posting this great progress pic. I hope you'll send me a PM anytime you have a case available or would consider taking a custom order.

MVC-009F.jpg

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
Looking great Jay... I'm a fan of your work, just too many obligations going right now to invest in one of your beauties :embarrassed2:. Keep it up buddy...the work speaks for itself...

tattoosbyjay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks like the makings of a magnificent case.

I have a modest collection of late 19th century Ukyo-e. These old wood-block originals are quite valuable and truly a sight to behold. The jewel of the collection is a Hiroshige (signature pictured). If you want to discuss trading some Japanese art for some Japanese theme cue cases I might be interested.

In any event, thank you for posting this great progress pic. I hope you'll send me a PM anytime you have a case available or would consider taking a custom order.

MVC-009F.jpg

w0w thats great !!!! i have one also i got from acustomer i love wood block prints in fact thats how im going to paint this one take a look and let meknow what you think id love to do a woodblock themed case for some one who would really appriciate the style:D

tattoosbyjay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking great Jay... I'm a fan of your work, just too many obligations going right now to invest in one of your beauties :embarrassed2:. Keep it up buddy...the work speaks for itself...

thanksi appriciate thekind words ,Realizm ill have a case or two at valley forge so i hope you get the chance to check them out in person

here is a pic of the tooling donenoew ready for paint

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 674
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 683

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
*speechless" .....well, ok, not really... Geez man, that's really amazing, even the eyes look great!!! totally killing it...

tattoosbyjay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
*speechless" .....well, ok, not really... Geez man, that's really amazing, even the eyes look great!!! totally killing it...

thanks i appriciate the kind words from everyone, just getting started with the detail work, im thinking of the back of the case having a basketweave pattern not to sure yet depends on if anyone calls dobbs on it before i get that far

tattoosbyjay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok last updateuntill its finished

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 608
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 614
  • 023.jpg