General rules question

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CB hits OB into a second OB which is frozen to a rail. No other contact is made.

Seems to me like the ruling could go either way.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
No different than cue ball hitting a frozen ball. Something still has to hit a rail....foul

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. The non-shooter has to say it is on the rail before the shot or else it is assumed to not be.

Unless the rules have changed.

Jeff Livingston
That’s how we play one pocket. Not sure if it’s the same rules for other games. But if the non shooter doesn’t call the ball frozen it’s a good hit down here in Clearwater.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
If I'm the shooter, I'll ask my opponent if he thinks the o/b is touching the rail before I shoot. It's sportsmanship, I think.

Jeff Livingston

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s how we play one pocket. Not sure if it’s the same rules for other games. But if the non shooter doesn’t call the ball frozen it’s a good hit down here in Clearwater.
But does it have to be called frozen every time after the first?
(That is where this conversation eventually went the last 1865x it was had.)

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm confused how this is a foul?

My assumption was, when a ball is frozen to rail it is considered part of the rail? Meaning when the original object ball hits the 2nd object ball, is the 2nd object ball not considered part of the rail?

This is the first rule question I'm truly puzzled by.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My assumption was, when a ball is frozen to rail it is considered part of the rail? Meaning when the original object ball hits the 2nd object ball, is the 2nd object ball not considered part of the rail?

Can you link the rule?

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you link the rule?
I don't have a rule about it. I assumed that a frozen ball was considered part of the rail, but I'm reading perhaps that the rail is considered as 'dead'. I'm not sure this means the rail is out of play?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No. A ball frozen to cushion has to contact another rail after contact or the cb must hit a rail to be legal.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have a rule about it. I assumed that a frozen ball was considered part of the rail, but I'm reading perhaps that the rail is considered as 'dead'. I'm not sure this means the rail is out of play?
Yes.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found it.
#37 on here explains it.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But does it have to be called frozen every time after the first?
(That is where this conversation eventually went the last 1865x it was had.)
Yup. Down here it does. Otherwise the shooter wasn’t notified before he shot.
Now if two like minded people like you and I were playing some cheap one pocket I’m fairly certain we would only have to call it frozen once until balls in that area get moved around. And that’s how most play it.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
its not considered frozen unless the opponent calls it frozen each time before your new inning at the table.

same as telling you you are on two scratches in a 3 fouls lose the game rule. or 14.1.