German & American connection

sammy1712

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After getting finally my playing cue, I would like to share some picture?s of my playing set :D From my point of view I got now best stuff from both continents :D
About JJ nothing to explaine ;) For people who might don?t know Arthur Queue, Marcus is supposed to be top cue maker in Europe and for sure one of the best overall.

Playing Set:

Pictures Arthur Queue "The Lance"

Last edited:

fruehlein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like "The Lance" and the breaker also (Is the other one a breaker ?)

And the JJ case makes the eye candy perfect !!!

Franky

woman I said NO!!!
Silver Member
mad-mat said:
I don't understand why he copies another cuemakers "trademark" ringwork style????

I do see an uncanny resemblance in the silver ring patterns.

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mad-mat said:
I don't understand why he copies another cuemakers "trademark" ringwork style????

Please explain i have seen this on several Arthur cues even on one that easily20 years old.

mad-mat

psycho
Silver Member
just stealing this pic from Vollmercue, think that explains it

cues2005_mv09.jpg

mad-mat

psycho
Silver Member
Poolhalljunkie said:
Please explain i have seen this on several Arthur cues even on one that easily20 years old.

ah and BTW:

I would be extremely curious to see an Arthur Cue that old (he started 1992)

and to set one thing straight:

I neither like Arthurs nor do I like Vollmers. I tried both (several ones) and I am sure that there are people who would either cut their arms off rather than using something else to play with......I just don't like em, (this is personal opinion, of both you generally hear only good things)

M.

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Artur cue

mad-mat said:
ah and BTW:

I would be extremely curious to see an Arthur Cue that old (he started 1992)

and to set one thing straight:

I neither like Arthurs nor do I like Vollmers. I tried both (several ones) and I am sure that there are people who would either cut their arms off rather than using something else to play with......I just don't like em, (this is personal opinion, of both you generally hear only good things)

M.

I stand corrected then. One of the most intricate examples of turquoise silver and ivory I have seen and it had the similar ring work, and it being one of the early exapmles.

Last edited:

sammy1712

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mad-mat said:

I don?t know were your problem is, some are using that type of ringwork and before you are mention about trademark you should be sure about what you are posting! What do you think? Who developed that style, Vollmer?' If have seen it on much older Black Boars before, right? Has Tony developed it? I don?t know, might he got that style from a cue maker before him ;)

But anyhow, it was a request from myside to get this ringwork with my cue, because due to my point of view it was the perfect ringwork for that style of cue! Any insider will see right away that this can?t be a Vollmer due the type of construction it was made!

Who was the first who did points with veneers, it?s only up to that guy to use it and all other are just copy it?

mad-mat

psycho
Silver Member
well at least you're happy with the cue (concerning the german Forum); isn't that the most important point ??

and I am glad you did edit your first post concerning the makers name :cool:

Krassi

Registered
Trademark??? I have seen those "very innovative" squares and diamonds in several cues from different cuemakers.

BTW: If this is a trademark, does Michael Vollmer copy these ringworks from Tony (Black Boar)???? :eek: