Get out of my way!

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently moved back to eastern Canada and played in my first provincial ranking event in 3 years. Rather than playing my new game (could give the old me the 7) and trying to pound everyone, I beat myself. Took on hard shots with low % of shape instead of safe. At times, I wish that I would've told myself to "Get out of my way!"

Anyone here ever go back to their old stomping ground to prove a point, get too cute with shots and lose?
 
I recently moved back to eastern Canada and played in my first provincial ranking event in 3 years. Rather than playing my new game (could give the old me the 7) and trying to pound everyone, I beat myself. Took on hard shots with low % of shape instead of safe. At times, I wish that I would've told myself to "Get out of my way!"

Anyone here ever go back to their old stomping ground to prove a point, get too cute with shots and lose?

It use to happen to me all the time in tournaments...one of the reasons I don't/didn't enter them. The waiting between matches hurt me. I'd get cold or drunk, or cold and drunk before the next match.

But really what you're talking about happens to a lot of people. I never played well (for the whole event) in anything that wasn't a bar tournament. I don't focus well in tournaments like I did matching up for money. Johnnyt
 
I recently moved back to eastern Canada and played in my first provincial ranking event in 3 years. Rather than playing my new game (could give the old me the 7) and trying to pound everyone, I beat myself. Took on hard shots with low % of shape instead of safe. At times, I wish that I would've told myself to "Get out of my way!"

Anyone here ever go back to their old stomping ground to prove a point, get too cute with shots and lose?


I have always though about going to my old stomping grounds,the only thing is i havent left yet......
 
Back
Top