i wash my hands several times which helps some
could it be the zeiss wipes?
i just bought some revo wipes to compare
any other suggestions??
i dont want to use a glove

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a Cuetech, slick with or without the glove. I have yet to clean it.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a revo
i use zeiss lens wipes and the revo micro fiber shaft
i am finding the shaft is not sliding as i would like it
i wash my hands several times which helps some
could it be the zeiss wipes?
i just bought some revo wipes to compare
any other suggestions??
i dont want to use a glove
REVO is the smoothest shaft ever made. Either you are cleaning it wrong or you have gotten something on it that isn't coming off with standard alcohol wipes. Or you are getting chalk on it every time you chalk.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is on the lens wipes?

My Revo is on my break cue so it obviously doesn’t get as much use as a play cue, but it’s smooth as glass. I wipe it once every week or two with a 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe. Nothing more.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Be a kitchen chemist, try Pledge. Comes off with rubbing alcohol.
IF YOU DO USE IT, SPRAY ON A CLOTH NOT THE CUE.

It works wonders making bugs slide off the bike.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Every cf shaft i've tried as been slicker than all get out.
I agree with this, with one exception. A buddy bought a new CF for about $250 from a small-time dealer who makes them, and it wasn't as smooth. It was smooth, but it also had an almost tackiness.

I'm probably doing a dis-service to all small-time makers by not mentioning the specific makers name, but it escapes me at the moment. The bottom line is, it's tube itself. Wherever this dealer is sourcing them from, it's doesn't have the CF trademark glass-slipperiness. So there is some out there.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with this, with one exception. A buddy bought a new CF for about $250 from a small-time dealer who makes them, and it wasn't as smooth. It was smooth, but it also had an almost tackiness.

I'm probably doing a dis-service to all small-time makers by not mentioning the specific makers name, but it escapes me at the moment. The bottom line is, it's tube itself. Wherever this dealer is sourcing them from, it's doesn't have the CF trademark glass-slipperiness.
I've only tested those sold by major makers.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yesterday i washed my hands more often during play
It was much better ie slick
Still curious if there is anything you can do to a carbon fiber shaft to make it slicker
Dont know if its a coincidence but i have trying taom pyro chalk lately instead of my usual blue diamond

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator wipes are 90% isopropyl alcohol. Too much water in the cleaner spreads the oil build up from your hands. I have been using 70% because isopropyl alcohol has been in short supply. 91% and even 99% are starting to show up.

Reactions: bbb

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I have CF shafts from several small time makers. They are smooth as silk. To the OP how exactly are you taking care of them?

I got the wipe part but are you doing anything else?

BTW to clean mine I use simple 70% alcohol pads that are used to clean and prep an area for a needle shot.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yesterday i washed my hands more often during play
It was much better ie slick
Still curious if there is anything you can do to a carbon fiber shaft to make it slicker
Dont know if its a coincidence but i have trying taom pyro chalk lately instead of my usual blue diamond
Sounds like it might be a sweaty hands issue. A pool glove or finger wrap should solve that.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have CF shafts from several small time makers. They are smooth as silk. To the OP how exactly are you taking care of them?

I got the wipe part but are you doing anything else?

BTW to clean mine I use simple 70% alcohol pads that are used to clean and prep an area for a needle shot.
I wipe is down from the white”ferrule” to the joint collar with the lens wipe
i often see blue on the wipe (someNot much)
then use the predator micro fiber wipe cloth they include with it
sometimes i lwill wipe with the cloth without using the lens cleaner first

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Common sense says if you're having issues with your hand grip and dealing with your natural hand grip begets little consistent results, find a glove that gives you what your looking for.
Washing hands relentlessly takes your mind off your game.
What happens when the washrooms hand soap does something you don't like?
Use a glove, it's consistent in nearly any interior soda/beer rain situation.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've used car polish for 30, 40 years on maple; should be fine on CF. There's even this graphene stuff which touts the slickness. What I use now is Turtle Wax Ice. It's clear synthetic stuff. I use a drop on a folded paper towel and apply directly to the wood. Wait a couple minutes and buff. If you never shake the bottle the solids sink to the bottom leaving mostly the silicone stuff. Works great like that. The bottle's 5, 10 years old and still nearly full. Hasn't degraded any either.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cue Wax for shafts applied using a lathe pin in your drill to spin the shaft. Make sure shaft is clean first.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I kinda like the stuff on new cues. Is there any brand that eliminates chalk buildup?
That is the only drawback I see to carbon fiber shafs. When I get down to shoot, I can’t help but notice the blue chalk powder/dust on the black shaft. I’ve yet to get in the habit of running the shaft through my fingers after chalking and just before getting down to shoot - it’s hard to break old habits.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is the only drawback I see to carbon fiber shafs. When I get down to shoot, I can’t help but notice the blue chalk powder/dust on the black shaft. I’ve yet to get in the habit of running the shaft through my fingers after chalking and just before getting down to shoot - it’s hard to break old habits.
I do that constantly but then it builds up on your hands and then back on the cue. :LOL: