Getting inlays added to a cue?

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can a cue maker add inlays to a cue fairly easily? For instance, suppose I have a wrapless cue, and I want to get four notched diamonds around the handle. What would it cost?

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
APPROX. $$ 40.00 PER INLAY-
PLUS REFIN EXPENSE- ONCE INLAYS ARE COMPLETED
YOU MAY SPEND $$ 300.00 + INCL 2 WAY SHIPPING

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Easy enough to do. I used to do it on other peoples cues but after hearing from Mike Webb I stopped. Ask Mike what he thinks about it. :)

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fixing things on a allready finished cue is always a lot of work. Refinishing a cue is work most cue makers aren't too fond of. Your cue is hopefully perfectly straight and true, that does help.

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
I hope Mr. Webb doesn’t reply. Like a lot of topics on here it’s likely to turn into a shit show for no reason.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what happens when the cue is a production cue and it’s easier to afford modifying it than ordering a custom? Asking for a friend.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope Mr. Webb doesn’t reply. Like a lot of topics on here it’s likely to turn into a shit show for no reason.
It's ok. I know exactly what the Forums have become. PATHETIC.
But for this thread and because Hightower brought my name into it.

Searing, Showman, Manzino, Gina cue, Southwest, Chudy. Prewitt, Tascarella, Szamboti, Cantando, Wayne, Blackboar, Barrenbrugge.......
Just some names that come to mind.
WHO HERE, would put inlays in one of thier cues????
The short answer is.
YOU WOULDN'T!
So why not treat every Cue makers Cue with the same respect you would show the above.
Being a Cue maker is much more than building Cues.
It's having RESPECT for others that goes along with it.
WHO are any of us to say who doesn't deserve that kind of respect.
Do any of us know, what we think we know????
Thank you. I will continue my leave of absence now.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's ok. I know exactly what the Forums have become. PATHETIC.
But for this thread and because Hightower brought my name into it.

Searing, Showman, Manzino, Gina cue, Southwest, Chudy. Prewitt, Tascarella, Szamboti, Cantando, Wayne, Blackboar, Barrenbrugge.......
Just some names that come to mind.
WHO HERE, would put inlays in one of thier cues????
The short answer is.
YOU WOULDN'T!
So why not treat every Cue makers Cue with the same respect you would show the above.
Being a Cue maker is much more than building Cues.
It's having RESPECT for others that goes along with it.
WHO are any of us to say who doesn't deserve that kind of respect.
Do any of us know, what we think we know????
Thank you. I will continue my leave of absence now.
I used to put inlays in other brand cues, but put our logo in one of the inlays. The reason for doing this was because we did not want anyone too claim they had a super rare cue done by the maker and later down the road someone buys that cue thinking the original maker did the inlay work. For instance a few doves added to an old southwest would double the value of the cue if it were original inlay work from Jerry. But added inlays by someone else might even depreciate the value. A Szamboti might be worth a couple thousand more with a few Ivory inlays in a plain butt sleeve. I then found that some cuemakers were offended by another cuemakers logo being anywhere on one of there cues. So I decided to just stop. My son has added some stuff to some low end import cues since I quit doing it to custom makers cues, but that is about it.

JC

Coos Cues
I don't take it too personal what happens to my cues after they leave here they no longer belong to me.

You want to make your cue look like ass, feel free. It's your property. Cold day and need to get that wood stove going? It's all good.

You really should have had someone else build you a cue but I do understand. Next time you will know.

Get some face tattoos and a lip bone too while you're at it.

Oh and don't ask me to build you another cue, ever. Or hire you. Like I said it's not personal but it is something.

Something I don't much care for.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't take it too personal what happens to my cues after they leave here they no longer belong to me.

You want to make your cue look like ass, feel free. It's your property. Cold day and need to get that wood stove going? It's all good.

You really should have had someone else build you a cue but I do understand. Next time you will know.

Get some face tattoos and a lip bone too while you're at it.

Oh and don't ask me to build you another cue, ever. Or hire you. Like I said it's not personal but it is something.

did something in this thread touch a raw nerve in you ?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Seemed like you were mad
I guess i was wrong
Sorry