The billiard balls at our community center were very grimy and dirty. I don't think anyone had cleaned them in years!
In my effort to clean them, I think I introduced a new problem: I washed with soap and water and used one of those green 3M scrubbing pads. I think the scrubbing pad scratched the surfaces.
I've shined them up with Turtle Wax and Maguires Ultimate Express Detail. Both made the balls a little shinier but you can clearly see scuffing across the entire surface of the balls.
On sailboats we always used rubbing compound to restore the surface of fiberglass, but now I'm hesitant to make matters even worse.
Any ideas? Rubbing compound? Other?
(I'm in the process of building a ball cleaner but "faster" isn't going to make the Turtle Wax or Maguires take out the scratches)
In my effort to clean them, I think I introduced a new problem: I washed with soap and water and used one of those green 3M scrubbing pads. I think the scrubbing pad scratched the surfaces.
I've shined them up with Turtle Wax and Maguires Ultimate Express Detail. Both made the balls a little shinier but you can clearly see scuffing across the entire surface of the balls.
On sailboats we always used rubbing compound to restore the surface of fiberglass, but now I'm hesitant to make matters even worse.
Any ideas? Rubbing compound? Other?
(I'm in the process of building a ball cleaner but "faster" isn't going to make the Turtle Wax or Maguires take out the scratches)