girls, dope and pool

Dhakala

Banned
BlackDragon said:
Pool is a mans world so does it foster dysfunctional or nonfunctional gender socio-sexual relating abilities. The ability to date, or to connect with a woman.

Pool is a surefire means to the end of getting laid, BD.

1. Pool is fundamentally an exercise of hunting skills. The female observes the male's prowess and reacts with a primitive survival behavior: "Oh, he is a mighty hunter who will make a good provider for me and my offspring!"

2. Pool affords many opportunities for "meaningful conversation", which appeals to females' civilized survival behaviors. "Oh, he interrupted his game to listen to me and validate my feelings! He would make a good mate."

It does an require an adaptation of the significant other, wife or girlfriend to adapt and accomodate and even nourish a pool players sport and recreation.

Go read 1 and 2 again.

Dhakala

Banned
MrLucky said:
Scott you forgot to add ...More importantly he grew up in what he thought "was a bad part of town!" in NY where I grew up you wouldn't be able to post this message after trying to pull a lame stunt like "ground up night crawlers for hash ! Jeez that area wasn't bad they were just dumb!:eek:

:confused: Why would growing up in NY prevent me from posting a message about something that happened 40 years ago?

I guess you guys are unfamilliar with Jim Croce's music and the meaning of the :rolleyes: icon.

You also seem to confuse the South Side with "that area... (where) they were just dumb." The latter was the southern suburb where the ivy-covered prep school was located.

lewdo26

Registered User will do
Silver Member
The conflict between pool and women is an observeable fact. It was very much a part of my life for the last 2 years of my relationship. Now that relationship is over and I'm a free man... Of course there's much more to it than I'm going to post here.

The fact remains, pool is still in my life. This relationship is not... maybe.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
BlackDragon said:
yeah thanx
did my pool sessions. they had a hard time winning. haha
kinda a generic question. Pool is a mans world so does it foster dysfunctional or nonfunctional gender socio-sexual relating abilities. The ability to date, or to connect with a woman.
QUOTE]

No I do not believe there is any real relation. Many men in general have a difficult time relating to and talking to women, whether they know it or not, regardless of whether they play pool or not.

The only issue I have had since piiking up the game is a lack of time for a relationship.

xidica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dhakala said:
Pool is a surefire means to the end of getting laid, BD.

1. Pool is fundamentally an exercise of hunting skills. The female observes the male's prowess and reacts with a primitive survival behavior: "Oh, he is a mighty hunter who will make a good provider for me and my offspring!"

2. Pool affords many opportunities for "meaningful conversation", which appeals to females' civilized survival behaviors. "Oh, he interrupted his game to listen to me and validate my feelings! He would make a good mate."

Go read 1 and 2 again.

Very good point. On the note about dope and alcohol, I can't shoot a stick worth a damn if I've been drinking excessively. We have these guys that hang out and smoke pot at the local grunge pool hall; I can't and won't. It dilates my pupils, clouds my head, and seeing both visually/physically/mentally is a lot of what this game is about for me.

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
i hit the trifecta, recently. i met a girl (outside of the pool hall of course), and every time we go out, she wants to play, usually 3 or 4 hours. she doesn't toke, but doesn't seem to mind that i do.

took me many years to find her. hope she sticks around a while.

-s

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
BlackDragon said:
there must be some pool stories of the night they pulled the trifecta or quinella, the babe and the comp and were drinking as they go.
Then off to the disco, I dunno.

A very drunk man once said to me, "If it has been too long since you've been with a woman and you meet one that's just below your standards,..

...lower them.